2012 OFFICIAL RESULTS

Fantastic, Over 160 outstanding entries! Thank you to SMA for all of your effort in creating this excellent BIG SPRING CONTEST for everyone to participate in and enjoy as a spectator as well.
With so much enthusiasm from all the entries across a wide range of subjects, this is a fantastic group event and contest. I am already looking forward to 2013 SMA BIG SPRING CONTEST!
Thank You SMA

Yes....it was a great contest, and quite the array of stunning builds displaying incredible skills and talent!
I never thought I'd win. :) yay! Tough tough tough competition, and I enjoyed looking at each one!
Thanx to Scott for making it all possible! And even though you are busy fellow, you should make videos more frequently...just cuz I like 'em. :D
Excellent showing from the Juniors!
Sometimes I start to think that our hobby might be dying because "kids now-a-days" haven't the interest in building models. I am happy to admit I am wrong! Keep it up guys!
I have said it before, but this site rocks!!!!!
:D:D:D

WOW i mean WOW some great builds out there and some generous sponsors and of course Scott who made this possible !!

I never tough i would win let alone 1st PLACE !! Thanks to all the members who voted for me The Stinging A-7 will hold a very special place in my display case !!

Cant wait for next year !! BTW i think the new dates are really cool ill be able to finish before the outside honeyDo list gets too long :p

Cheers

Neo

Congratulations to everyone! I could tell that every entry had excellent quality, and
I'm certain we'll be seeing more impressive work in the future!

I can only agree with other comments here, well done to the winners there was a very high standard of work.
Also another thank you to the sponsors and the SMA team for a great event

Just watching the video as I’m typing this...

Congrats to all the winners – some really stunning builds there.

I’m sorry that I sorta dropped out of the contest but the last few months have been... “Interesting”...

Had to go to the hospital for another round of examinations... Lost my job... Spiralled into a deep depression almost overnight... Got a new job... Have to travel a lot... Still trying to claw my way out of the black hole I’ve been in...

Yeah... “Interesting”... Not funny... At all...

I’m hoping that I can still get to finish the builds in the future. I hope... With a bit of luck...

Well first off as others have said, a very big thank you to Scott, the SMA staff, Sponsers, contestants and to everyone that voted. What an awesome turnout! I really don't know what to say.....3 golds and a silver...I feel a little overwhelmed lol! Scott that vid really had me on the edge of my seat lol And thank you for the shout out (made my GF a little emotional), this modelling lark will be really winding down to zero for me now but for good reason! That model room won't work with a cot in it!
Thank you so much for voting for me guys I really appreciate it and I am not sure I should have won really, such great models this year.
Thanks again
MJ
p.s Noname check your pm's ;)

Congratulations everyone,awesome work all round,another excellent contest.
Big thanks to Scott and the mods for making it happen. 8)

Congrats everyone, really enjoyed following the progress of entrants,
Also good news to MJ & GF an real 1:1scale model of a person on the way

J

Jaitea said:
Congrats everyone, really enjoyed following the progress of entrants,
Also good news to MJ & GF an real 1:1scale model of a person on the way

J

Ha thanks J! That made me actually lol!

f2k said:
Just watching the video as I’m typing this...

Congrats to all the winners – some really stunning builds there.

I’m sorry that I sorta dropped out of the contest but the last few months have been... “Interesting”...

Had to go to the hospital for another round of examinations... Lost my job... Spiralled into a deep depression almost overnight... Got a new job... Have to travel a lot... Still trying to claw my way out of the black hole I’ve been in...

Yeah... “Interesting”... Not funny... At all...

I’m hoping that I can still get to finish the builds in the future. I hope... With a bit of luck...

Sorry hear you had much troubles ! all best to you
and
Congrats (Tillykke) to all winners of contest 2012! hope to afford good model for next year ?

Goddag to all !

Karl.

Guys this was a blast checking out everyone's build on a daily basis. Congratulations to all the winners. So much fun and wit on these boards. And at the end of the day the guys that finished have great display pieces for their shelves as will the guys that will finish. Looking forward to next years madness. Thanks Scott for taking the time and getting this together yet again.

Sorry for being so absent from the contest; but I've been following along in the background from time to time.

Excellent work from everyone. That Jr's category was tough to vote on; there are lots of talent coming up.

Glad to hear the comp is being moved up a month for next year. This should steer clear of my golf and soccer habits. haha

A big CONGRATULATIONS for all the winners, and another big Congrats to those that completed. I think all the builds were worthy of praise and prizes.

I'll be hiding in the Shelf Queen group for a while I think. :)

congratulations to all the winners of the spring contest. i must admit that everyone did a superb job on all the entries! ;D

thanks to all who also posted build logs as that greatly helped me (and likely others as well) to learn some new techniques. 8)

i look forward to next year's contest and who knows, maybe i'll have developed the skills to have a crack at it too! ;)

This contest was WAY fun!!! Both from a spectator's POV and a participants!! Everyone's builds were amazing and everybody should have won! ...wait...everyone did win something!! But give yourselves all a nice pat on the back and have a beer!

Just saw the results video, man I couldnt be more stoked if I tried!! merseajohn, because of your amazing skills I actually get a prize!! how cool is that?!? Here's to you merseajohn!!!

A big fat congratulations to all the winners, it was such a tough vote, so many great entries, this forum is bursting with talent!

Congratulations to all the winners. :D Man! Lots of cool stuff even from the bump adjusts. You guys are going to have some fun. Enjoy! ;D
And a congrats to all who were able to complete and enter their builds. You still get something nice! Bravo to all! 8)

Looking forward to spring 2013!

Congrat's to everyone, that was a cool contest!

Let's try again next year! ;)

Thanks to all of the organizers! ;D

MrNatural said:
Just saw the results video, man I couldnt be more stoked if I tried!! merseajohn, because of your amazing skills I actually get a prize!! how cool is that?!? Here's to you merseajohn!!!

A big fat congratulations to all the winners, it was such a tough vote, so many great entries, this forum is bursting with talent!

Ha no worries! Hope you enjoy it lol

Latest posts

Back