2012 BSC - Questions

Scott Girvan said:
Uncovered, as in a piece of wood?

That's just a vehicle.

Diorama is for a base with groundwork..modeled terrain.

Or a plexiglass with some painting on it ;D

Thanks for that answer! ;)

iSee we have some more prizes addrs from Armo farm. Now ima have to do 2 kits...

Everyone who enters but does not place in the top 3 of any category gets the choice of paint set.

So this year everyone is guaranteed a Badger Paint Set and a 10% coupon at Elm City Hobbies (min $20 purchase pre-shipping)

This is just awesome!

Guys that were complaining about 5 usd entry fee - You get much more from taking part in the contest at SMA, not only financially, but most importantly - experience and great chat with colleagues!

Is there a deadline for entry into the contest? As in, "I started work on this kit after the contest opened and I have the pics to prove it. Seeing the competition in the category, I figure I have shot so I guess I'll enter it a week before the contest ends" sort of thing?

Can't wait!!! ;D

Chiming in here...no questions, just throwing a big Atta-boy to Scott, the staff and the sponsors! Thanks for all the hard work in getting this years contest going again!! Shaping up to be another stellar event.!!! Have fun everyone!!!

NecronautDrummer said:
Is there a deadline for entry into the contest?

No, no deadline for entry. As long as it's between April 1 and June 30 that's cool with me.

+++

Thanks Todd!

Hey Scott now I just want to join and tell you that you made a great job on this contest again :)
Let's hope many people will join so there will be more of us :)

I will have a hard task on my hand now. To convince my better half to join the contest :)

How many pics of the completed kit are we allowed this year? Sorry if I'm jumping the gun and this is yet to be announced or Allready posted elsewhere.
Cheers MJ

I have plans for 2 entries..one of them, is a sci-fi kit for sure. The question I have is, what category does a Real Space kit fall into?

Another question..what is the model of airbrush that would be engraved for the first places?

Biskup said:
Hey Scott now I just want to join and tell you that you made a great job on this contest again :)
Thanks! Spread the word to friends at other sites.

merseajohn said:
How many pics of the completed kit are we allowed this year?

I will allow 6 this year. That part will be different than previous years. There will be an online form that you fill out and submit your final entry. Entries will not be accepted via email.

Talen said:
I have plans for 2 entries..one of them, is a sci-fi kit for sure. The question I have is, what category does a Real Space kit fall into?

Sci-Fi or Diorama, if it's a diorama.

Talen said:
Another question..what is the model of airbrush that would be engraved for the first places?

It will be a quality made gravity feed dual action detail Badger Airbrush. The actual model isn't specified and will be selected based on availability at the time of engraving.

It will be a great brush. No doubt.

Scott Girvan said:
Everyone who enters but does not place in the top 3 of any category gets the choice of paint set.

So this year everyone is guaranteed a Badger Paint Set and a 10% coupon at Elm City Hobbies (min $20 purchase pre-shipping)

WOW !!! huh Woaw again !!! ???

images

is There anything else (groovy) we haven't seen in the small prints ?? yet !

Yeah, it's really cool.

The only other thing I have to share is that more prizes will probably be added as time moves forward.

sweet we like Prizes ;D.

oh as im at it. Will you be doing a Vid about the contest this time Scott?

Latest posts

Back