20 seconds to comply - ED 209 1/12

Thanks for the support guys much appreciated and yes john ive been out in the cold shed with a mask so as not to annoy the missus!

Hi All

Finally getting somewhere with big ED.

The head should have a texture similar to carbon fibre on the front and I think whatever this kit was cast from did have the texture, but it got a bit lost
20130315_095818.jpg

To try and bring it back I had some fine mesh fabric (lucky my wife makes dresses!) and applied white glue and stuck it down
20130315_100255.jpg

Then when dry cut to shape
20130315_164810.jpg

20130315_164748.jpg

As you can see from the above pictures I also got the weapon pods built and the joint between them and the body attached, although the pods won't be attached until its painted.
I also got the second leg built and attached the two legs with the middle section which took a lot of work to line up, but all sorted now. I haven't attached the head to the body yet, this is just tacked on for the photos
20130315_134139.jpg

20130315_134151.jpg

20130315_134200.jpg

20130315_134231.jpg

20130315_134209.jpg

So thankfully itas actually starting to look like ED209 now, but still got lots of filling, sanding, clean up and detailing before I can break out the airbrush

Thanks for looking

Great idea with the head texturing, and it turned out suberb - should look outstanding when painted ;)

This looks awesome!
Love the fabric application: Very imaginative!
Cheers!

thanks guys,

rookie i could do it in the style of the rocky horror show i guess...

Great solution for the mesh, looking forward to seeing it painted

(always remember it's twitchy toes when it fell over ;D)

John

Leighbo said:
thanks guys,

rookie i could do it in the style of the rocky horror show i guess...

LOL!!! That is awesome!!! Keep up the great work...looking sweet!! ;D

I love the mesh fabric you ended up using for the head bro... I probably would have ended up stealing a pair of my wife's black panty hose and tried the same thing (and hopefully she wouldn't have noticed them gone since she never wears them!) But I'm sure I would have been in trouble if she found out! LOL Looking awesome so far... doesn't look like you have much more to go before you can call it done!

This is looking great mate.

Love the mesh idea, i wondered how you were going to do that, great solution.
How do you plan on displaying him?

Gag

thanks gag

not sure on the final details just yet. im still pondering what paint scheme to go for, i was going to go with the standard finish from the film but thats been done so i may go for an urban camo scheme or maybe a futuristic police livery in gloss black and white. also cant decide whether to have him factory fresh or a bit worn from a harsh life on the street. decisions, decisions...!

I definately think the worn look, but don't forget that the cop cars in the movie were matt black, it seemed that they had dropped the 'black & whites'

I think if you looked around at local police forces in the U.S maybe one would have a suitable colour combo, in Florida, Miami/Dade county police cars are white with tropical green and orange accents.
Do a search and see what looks cool, this may give you some ideas

Gag

One of my favourte movies growing up and was looking at this kit a few months ago. So far so good. :) i agree with gag and go for the dirty look

thanks for the input, sounds like dirty may be the way forward!

thanks for the tip gag i'll have a look at some police cruisers for some inspiration

Latest posts

Back