20 seconds to comply - ED 209 1/12

Leighbo

My second entry is a full resin kit of ED 209 from Robocop in the Sci-fi category

20130301_181355.jpg

This is something a bit out of my comfort zone - I've never built a resin kit, this kit is not the greatest of castings, either a re-cast or copied from the vinyl kit and never built bigger than a 1/24 kit so this will be a challenge! There are plenty of flaws in the casting and some massive casting plugs to cut off, but nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Thanks for looking

Sweet. I've always wanted to build an ED-209. Robocop is one of my all time favorites. Will be watching!

I can't wait to see how you tackle it I now know what film I'm watching tonight 8)

Not sure which one is it but I like it already :)

Is it the one that fell from the stairs ?? ;)

Biskup its the one that blows the executive guy in the boardroom, at least i think so theres no box art to go by!

Is this the robot that goes crazy in the boardroom and starts shooting the place up?

This will be an interesting build; I liked that movie so it will be fun to see this one spring to life! :)

Hi guys

Got to wait a few days for the oil layer to dry on the Bergeanzer so i thought I'd crack on with big ED!

After taking another look at the pieces sat in the box I wondered what I had got myself into. The casting quality is quite poor in some areas, there is what looks like a lot of pitting and massive mould plugs to be removed. Also in the second photo you can see that some parts of the leg assembly are about 3 or 4mm thicker then others and have filled what should be gaps, what have I got myself into this year! I was going to build the kit as ED in the original movie, but I might use the pitting to my advantage and make this a well used, street weary robot
20130313_112912.jpg

20130313_115653.jpg

Anyway I got really busy with an enginers file and a razor saw trying to hack these pieces into shape. After a few hours I managed to get pieces some stuck together with epoxy. There are quite a few gaps left due to the poor quality casting, but I think I will be able to pull it round with some filling. I've got one leg assembly done, including cutting down a bolt section, hopefully get the second done tomorrow.
20130313_161932.jpg

20130313_161940.jpg

20130313_162014.jpg

20130313_162026.jpg

Thanks for looking

I'm sure that you'll overcome any problems with resin... I know I truly hate working with the stuff myself so I know what you're in for... best advice I can give you... stock up on lots of Millput! :) I'll be watching this one bro... good luck!

Latest posts

Back