1972 CB750 racer

KINGSLUG

Almost done with this thing..hasn't been easy. Part fitment not the best and it certainly is not accurate but what the hell. The fairing is a nightmare to line up and it required putty..after it was painted. The the windscreen did not really line up. At this point I just want to get it done. The decals will be hard as I heard they do not conform to the curves..bought some decal liquid for that. Messed up the tank decals so have to see if I can find replacements. My real bike was easier.....model 1.jpgmodel 3.jpg

Since i screwed up the paint and decals a bit..think ill try a different approach. Weather it..like its been around the track a few thousand times..leave the messed up tank decals as is..
Will look more interesting..i think

Well, it looks like you're coping with those issues nicely, KS! I like the color; that finish looks good.

And welcome to the Herd, too!

Best regards,
Brad

I should have built the whole fairing and painted and decaled it before i put it in the bike..but there was no real way to it..one on it didnt line up so i had to putty and sand and reshoot..with less than stellar results..but..ill work with that..when you crash a race bike..it never really looks the same again..

Continued with it today..had the day off. Tried a bunch of stuff out. Make the front brake lines look like the real thing..its better but not great..used wire and placed everything where it should be..then hose attached to the wire..now looks like a real brake line..kind of.
tried out some Tamiya acrylic paint..good thing I read that panel line accent cannot be used with enamel..so I went over a bunch of parts with it..Then I'll start weathering it. next up is trying to fit the windscreen. I messed up by gluing it to the top of the fairing..then realizd that it should go inside of it. Going to try to nut and bolt it in like the real thing..that will be fun.

The real thing

honda 1000.jpg
Some wire

honda 4000.jpg
Yeah..its hard to get it to look right..At this point its really starting to look like a beat up racer..After yars of racing every part is replaced and never looks the same..so I guess I'm on the right track as I've done this for real..and still do..
honda 8000.jpg
Now to get the little hose on the end..took a little while.
honda 5000.jpg
Now to figure out the windscreen..tiny nuts and bolts..no way glue is going to hold that..And I have to touch up the top part of the fairing before.
Off to Utah for a week of broiling in 110 degree heat tomorrow.
honda 3000.jpg

Last edited:
Almost done with this thing..hasn't been easy. Part fitment not the best and it certainly is not accurate but what the hell. The fairing is a nightmare to line up and it required putty..after it was painted. The the windscreen did not really line up. At this point I just want to get it done. The decals will be hard as I heard they do not conform to the curves..bought some decal liquid for that. Messed up the tank decals so have to see if I can find replacements. My real bike was easier.....View attachment 1708View attachment 1709
Beautiful

The windscreen does not fit well but I screwed it into the fairing anyway..Have to put it aside for now..Sometimes you have to do that. Cant't think of a way to make it fit...model 8000.jpg

Latest posts

Back