1970 Ford Tuskegee Mustang :)

Jeeves

Here's the base kit...
revell-1970-ford-mustang-boss-429.jpg

Going for the scheme for Andrew Turner's 100th FS bird...painted the interior a nice shade of interior green and the dashboard I treated like a instrument panel- using some Mike Grant gauges...I will take some pics once things dry.

For the main body start- I have the gloss black on...
stang1.jpg
stang2.jpg

Trying to decide where the cutoff for the red tail should be-- at the top of the rear window-- or should I slant it onto the roof some-- suggestions? I plan on painting the front fender red and using the same style as seen on the front of Turner's plane:
sd.jpg

Got the first coat of red on-- I think I'll need another to offset the black base...but for now- I am happy with how it looks-

100_8213.jpg
100_8212.jpg
100_8211.jpg

And some shots of the engine and panel....my camera is showing it's age and the battery seems shot...which is a shame as I love the Easyshare...still need to add wiring-
100_8221.jpg
100_8220.jpg

100_8223.jpg

Thanks guys...back to work this week so I'm stalled a bit- but this weekend will be better :)

Thanks!

Sprayed the Alclad II Airframe Aluminum today-- it looks dusty but I'll buff it up when it's set....
stang1~0.jpg

Cool paint job,..!
Looks like someone spilled tomato soup on the floors tho :eek:
lol Cheers mate,..looking good

The oil paint was just applied ;). Once it set I wiped it down as grains for the floor-- just like the plywood floor of the P-51 ;)

Thanks!

Just some teeny tiny details left...the blinker and rear side lights...finding some way to make the Mustang letters on the rear pop out...etc....
100_8247.jpg
100_8248.jpg
100_8249.jpg

And I knocked the lower part of the front fender off-- easy considering there really wasn't a great attachment point for it... :bat

That's COOL,..looking really good there J !
Just need to wash the wheels with some diluted flat black and your golden,...
Cheers

Calling this one done....no weathering ;)

Sans hood...
100_8255.jpg
Avec hood...
100_8256.jpg
And de tail man....
100_8257.jpg
100_8258.jpg

Pretty happy with how it turned out-- the front area gave me all sorts of fits...and that with all the NMF done so not a lot of wiggle room to play around without marring things...

Latest posts

Back