1970 Ford Tuskegee Mustang :)

Jeeves

Reaction score
Here's the base kit...

Going for the scheme for Andrew Turner's 100th FS bird...painted the interior a nice shade of interior green and the dashboard I treated like a instrument panel- using some Mike Grant gauges...I will take some pics once things dry.

For the main body start- I have the gloss black on...

Trying to decide where the cutoff for the red tail should be-- at the top of the rear window-- or should I slant it onto the roof some-- suggestions? I plan on painting the front fender red and using the same style as seen on the front of Turner's plane:

Jeeves

Reaction score
Got the first coat of red on-- I think I'll need another to offset the black base...but for now- I am happy with how it looks-

And some shots of the engine and panel....my camera is showing it's age and the battery seems shot...which is a shame as I love the Easyshare...still need to add wiring-

Quaralane

Reaction score
Should be an interesting looking car when you're done with is

Jeeves

Reaction score
Thanks guys...back to work this week so I'm stalled a bit- but this weekend will be better :)

Jeeves

Reaction score
Thanks!

Sprayed the Alclad II Airframe Aluminum today-- it looks dusty but I'll buff it up when it's set....

Jeeves

Reaction score
Thanks again!

One last shot of the interior-- I have since cleaned up the seats...

And paint and decals done...

Gotta get the red bits off the NMF somehow....

Belugawrx

Reaction score
Cool paint job,..!
Looks like someone spilled tomato soup on the floors tho :eek:
lol Cheers mate,..looking good

Jeeves

Reaction score
The oil paint was just applied ;). Once it set I wiped it down as grains for the floor-- just like the plywood floor of the P-51 ;)

Jeeves

Reaction score
Thanks!

Just some teeny tiny details left...the blinker and rear side lights...finding some way to make the Mustang letters on the rear pop out...etc....

And I knocked the lower part of the front fender off-- easy considering there really wasn't a great attachment point for it... :bat

Belugawrx

Reaction score
That's COOL,..looking really good there J !
Just need to wash the wheels with some diluted flat black and your golden,...
Cheers

Jeeves

Reaction score
Calling this one done....no weathering ;)

Sans hood...

Avec hood...

And de tail man....

Pretty happy with how it turned out-- the front area gave me all sorts of fits...and that with all the NMF done so not a lot of wiggle room to play around without marring things...

Latest posts