1969 Corvette ROAD ACE! Receives some serious improvement!

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
yea... i have been wanting to do this for a while, and found a box hidden away with enough parts, that if i use the old Vette as a parts car, i can make this Road Killer a reality.

if you dont know this my favorite car is the Corvette, and the 1969 is my favorite vintage year... //drools thinking about it// especually the 1969 Corvette ZL1!

now i have a old parts car, which i have had for years.... its a 1968 Corvette stingray, with a 1968 corvette stingray race car kit combined with a supercharged ZL1 engine, converted to a 69 along with the remaining parts to another 68 Corvette!

DSCF2013-1.jpg

so here is the plan, im going to keep the frame of the old car, the engine, the Piped Exhaust manifold, and some of the interior, re do the body, compleetly, clean up the parts that i have!

REQUEST!!! if you guys have a unscaved Windshield to this kit, please send me it if you can, the one i have is not broken, it is just... old! its a Revell 1968 Corvette roadster 2 'n 1 kit!

alright wish me luck guys!

i also have some ideas for paint jobs

1# Ace Of Spades!, Black, Red, Yellow, Orange with a big black spade on the hood

2# red with black racing stripe, easiest to do.

3# black a spade on the hood.

4# Silver with a olive green stripe up the center, like a old WWII Fighter

Re: 1969 Corvette ROAD ACE! (the only time your going to be on my six!)

Whichever version you choose, have fun with it, Ace

Engine installed
Engineontheframe.jpg
well what engine is this modeling? the kit comes with 3 options! 1, the more standard 427 with the triangular air cleaner, the Famous 427 L88 that had 560hp at 6,500RPM, and a supercharged version. this kit is a mix of parts from this kit and a kit with a corvette race car.

its a 427 Aluminum L-88 (ZL1) with the supercharger, and piped exhaust Manifold with side panel exhaust for the freest flow possible, the engine i am modeling would have extensive tuning with high blower pressure and compression ratio would create in excess of 2,000hp and more instant power with computer controled Nitrous oxide injection! (not shown) in short HORSEPOWER!! and lots of it! NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER BABY! dukes of hasard eat your heart out, the General lee is going to have nothing on this Vette

FinishedChassy.jpg
this is the finished chassis.

1969CorvetteRoadAce.jpg

the scrap windshield that came with what i had was in crappy shape, there is a crack right down the middle and the other was caked in glue, when this car was built my modeling skills had much to be desired and i did not know how to handle plastic parts, but the windshield is all i have.

otherwise here, i need to install a few more details, and this beast will be terrorizing the roads.

Re: 1969 Corvette ROAD ACE! DONE!

1969corvetteroadace3.jpg

1969corvetteroadace5.jpg

1969corvetteroadace7.jpg

1969corvetteroadace6.jpg

1969corvetteroadace-1.jpg

1969corvetteroadace2.jpg

1969corvetteroadace4.jpg

1969CorvetteRoadAce.jpg

Finally finished, the only think i really don't like about it is the Windshield, it looks like crap, the windshield was a horrible fit, and was cracked, the other one was covered in glue, beacuse when i made the car, i had no idea what i was doing! the side view mirror kept on falling off when i was finishing it up, and some glue got on the paint, and screwed it up a little bit next to the mirror, otherwise, its good!

Looks good! Another build to scratch off the list.

Scott Girvan said:
Looks good! Another build to scratch off the list.

make that two scott, keep a eye out in the Aircraft forum!

Very nice !, fancy doing a Vette myself sometime .

Chris.

Looks good! Now I too wanna build a Stingray ... outta all my stash I don't have one ... Guess I will have to go buy one :p

ScarredKustoms said:
Looks good! Now I too wanna build a Stingray ... outta all my stash I don't have one ... Guess I will have to go buy one :p

im thinking of starting a group build! do you think i should do it?

Hey Ace, I think your 'Vette is your best of the builds you've posted to date. Good job.

I've got a '53, '57 and and 2 '95's I would be in on a group build the '57 is a gasser and I started about 6 years ago :-\

mariosmodelkits said:
vette looks awesome,like the colors and the motor is top. Great work.

thanks, glad you like the engine XD its sort of a custom made thing.

Corvetteroadaceburninguptheroad.jpg :eek: i hope i dont get a speeding and wreckliess driving ticket.

Latest posts

Back