1958 Impala

mr lucky

Greetings...here is an oldie but goodie!

This is a build I did a few years ago. It is by far my most favorite build. There is a lot of sentimental attachment to this model as well. I started this as a birthday present for my father in-law. Shortly after his birthday we learned he had a brain tumor and after 12 incredibly hard months he lost his battle. This car still sits in the display case at my mother in-laws house. Every time we go over I can't help but look at it and think of him. He was a really neat guy.

Here's a link to the PB album for more finished pics and in-progress shots - http://tinyurl.com/al7u4pc

58Impala071810-8.jpg

58Impala071810-7.jpg

58Impala071810-6.jpg

58Impala071810-4.jpg

Thanks much...Erik

I forgot to mention that trunk is awesome. I dont think I've seen many models that have a carpeted trunk.

hooterville75 said:
letsgobrowns82 said:
I forgot to mention that trunk is awesome. I dont think I've seen many models that have a carpeted trunk.

Is that trunk done by what you pros call Flocking ?

Thanks guys...it is flocked, but I hardly call myself a pro!

I really went overboard on this one. I even had keys in the ignition and the Chevy key ring painted to match the rest of the car. The kit was a 2in1 build. It could go stock or as a low rider. The bad part was everything was geared for the low rider, so there were lots of modifications and work to go stock. The trunk area needed the most work. The kit had the trunk set-up for speakers and extra batteries for the hydraulics - I guess they need those to lower and raise the car...since the trunk had an open option I figured I might as well flock that too! I hate flocking! So glad the 1/32 1/35 vehicles are more utilitarian! Hahahaaa!!!!

Thanks...Erik

Super sweet and awesome build. Love that freaking trunk! 50's cars are my favorite. Do you have more 50's builds?
DJ

lotno249 said:
Super sweet and awesome build. Love that freaking trunk! 50's cars are my favorite. Do you have more 50's builds?
DJ

Thanks for the kind words. This is the only one. I do have a built 57 Chevy on eBay right now. It was the 150 utility, I built it as a weekend racer. Here's the link for it on eBay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/200850351227?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
It has NO engine detail though. I just got tired of detailing them I guess! Hahahaaa! I have very few 1/24 builds. My focus is more on the 1/35 right now.

Thanks...Erik

I coudlnt be lucky enough to build something this good looking Mr. Lucky ha ha great job my friend. Love this build.

Latest posts

Back