1/76 Scammell pioneer

HWR MKII

Airfix kit which will be about 85-90% scratchbuilt or modified in some way. Even the tire tread.
No cab, bed, suspension or wheel parts are glued together yet which is why it all looks so wonky.

modelpics050-1.jpg
modelpics049-1.jpg
modelpics048-1.jpg
modelpics051-1.jpg

I saw this on ML (I think it was ML anyway), and thought it was a great scratchbuild...thinking it was 1/35.

Now that I see it is 1/76.....makes it that much better. To get that kind of detail into such a small kit. Fantastic!

Thanks guys. I plan on getting the wheels done tomorrow and then the rest of the interior. After that its finishing up chassis details and then paint.

A couple things that have helped me are some wonderful references in the form of the original REME training films. A person from Missing-lynx sent me them on a DVD from the UK. Also the original Scammell blueprints i have on my HD. Best of all though is i ran across a complete frame off restoration and rebuild of this type of vehicle on the HMFV forums. So all in all any part i have to recreate i can find info on. which will help seeing as i have to build the entire frame mounted winch that gets sandwiched under the bed.

Amazing! I cannot wait to see this when it is finished. It will be a great project to see develop as your photographs really show the detail. The tyres are a fantastic touch!

Thanks for that. The build will be on some amount of hold though. Im sending the tires off to be cast. Maybe otehrs canuse a more correct tire on their scammell builds.

WoW ! What a cool lookin' little truck. I really Dig th detail & that chain & tow cable ! On this scale too. Great Job !!

I'm lookin' froward to seeing more !

Latest posts

Back