1-72 X-Wing Fighter by Bandai

Jaitea

Hey one of the Bandai kits arrives in Belfast!!!!

Wow,......Beauty

IMG_1423.jpg
IMG_1424.jpg
IMG_1429.jpg
IMG_1427.jpg
IMG_1426-1.jpg
Darker grey....is the FineMolds
IMG_1425.jpg

The detail!!!!.......the detail,.....I hope they do a 1-72 Falcon

J

Yep Scott, there are so many parts on this,.....it may be a snap together kit, but the way the pieces go together is ingenious,...theres optional parts,....because apparently (I didnt know this) but there were 2 different versions of X-Wings on the Death Star trench run,.....shorter engines,....a longer nose

Another thing is that FineMolds make their kits by traditional methods, sculpting etc,....these kits are tooled by laser scanning the original studio models,....(so I've heard)......so if thats true,....these kits are pretty accurate

bandai_xwing018.jpg

The DV TIE is a beauty also,.....slightly bigger than the FM.....and unbelievably.....more detailed!!

bandai_tieadvanced012.jpg

bandai_tieadvanced013.jpg

...and Darth doesnt look too bad either

...optional windows

bandai_tieadvanced022.jpg

bandai_tieadvanced027.jpg

....and not expensive,.....I got mine for £20, free postage

....Stormtrooper on the way also

rs-6-inch-Plastic-Model-Stormtrooper-Final-Large-4.jpg

John

bandai_xwing044-1024x645.jpg

Didn't realise how much bigger the Bandai X Wing is compared to the FM one.

JohnSimmons said:
Didn't realise how much bigger the Bandai X Wing is compared to the FM one.
You must mean the TIE fighter because the Bandai X-wing is smaller than the Fine Molds one.

I took some comparison shots earlier today so people could see the differences: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/118294719810764503023/albums/6088736088428155873

There is another excellent thing about the X-wing and TIE kits---They have WATERSLIDE DECALS with them as well as the normal Bandai sticker sheet

I think Bandai has been listening to the gundam builders on this. The more advanced builders are irritated that you have to buy the waterslides as extras, and quite often you can't get them outside of Japan.

It seems that they realized that with these models they had better do them right, or they would lose a lot of the market on Star Wars models.

Mine are still in transit, so I haven't had a chance to look at them in person as of yet....

I was just about to ask about the decals, though my question is, are the stickers the large thick kind or the thin almost decal like ones like the kind they use on the Real Grade Gundam kits?

The stickers are very good also, just exactly like the decals except self adhesive,.....great if you want to build this kit super quick for display

J

I ordered these from HLJ and should be here soon. I guess I should of done some more research. Didn't realize these were snap together kits. Should of just forked out the extra cash for the Fine Mold ones I guess. Stickers sound like a bummer too.

Guess I will wait and see when they get here, before I get too depressed.

Don't let the "snap together" tag fool you.
These are BANDAI snap kits. Just like most of their Gundam lines.
These aren't the pre-painted Revell stuff.

Quaralane said:

Well I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I have never owned or seen a Gundam or Bandai kit in my life. And When I hear snap-tite I think of my day's as a kid building the revell Snap-tite Kits.

I will wait and pass judgement next week when those two kits and a couple of eduards get here!

Thanks for info Q.

man that thing is freaking cool I hope they come out with a Y-Wing as well. I did find more phtos of the X-wing showing the detail as well http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10295172p/10/1

arohk said:
man that thing is freaking cool I hope they come out with a Y-Wing as well. I did find more phtos of the X-wing showing the detail as well http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10295172p/10/1

they are planning to release a y-wing later on in 2015 and a 1/48 AT-ST in feb 2015 i beleive

hook1169 said:
Quaralane said:

Well I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I have never owned or seen a Gundam or Bandai kit in my life. And When I hear snap-tite I think of my day's as a kid building the revell Snap-tite Kits.

I will wait and pass judgement next week when those two kits and a couple of eduards get here!

Thanks for info Q.
Let's not forget that Fine Molds made the 1/48 X-wing a snap together kit as well and it is just as nice any of their other kits.

The tolerances on the pieces are pretty high and seams and gaps more or less disappear when you put it together. I built one last week and took a few pictures of it next to its Fine Molds counterpart. I posted a link to the pictures earlier on this thread if you're interested.

The cockpit just slots together so smoothly like Lego, I really cant explain how fantastic this kit is, it is truly a fantastically engineered masterpiece, the cockpit at the minute,....dont want to go on until painting:

Cockpit.jpg

Most of the wing parts:
Wingsampcomponents.jpg

Beautiful detailing, so fine:
InsideEngines.jpg

The Engines,....each assembly is locked down by the next piece,.....its very hard to see the joins

Nozzles.jpg
....sorry a wee bit blurry
Nozzles2.jpg

Assembled wings,....I'm gong to give this a blast of primer:
Wings.jpg

Thats where I'm at with both kits,.....the FineMolds kit is a beautiful kit...very nicely made,....but the Bandai is fun,....its like going back to your childhood, when model building was really fun,....thats the buzz I'm getting out of this

Thanks for looking
John

Latest posts

Back