1/72 TIE Interceptor of the 181st

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
Fine Molds kit. This is the second time I've painted this scheme...this time for a client who like the other one. The base color is Tamiya Royal Gray out of the rattle can and I think it looks the part!! The red is maybe a little too saturated: I used AKAN's Flanker interior red. Anyway, I love this kit and can't wait to see how Bandai improves on it :)

full gallery: https://cosmosmodels.wordpress.com/2016/05/18/fine-molds-172-tie-interceptor-181st/

top pic picks

181int_img_0491.jpg
181int_img_0502.jpg
181int_img_0517.jpg
181int_img_0524.jpg
181int_img_0532.jpg
181int_img_0537.jpg
181int_img_0540.jpg

Very nice little build .
Fine Molds is quite nice .

Totally subjective , but I really don't like the outboard , red stripes :p

.... . ::)

It would be cool if the red stripes were made up of red kill markings...
I love the base color- much nicer than the standard blue-grey

Nice take on this one. I'm thinking Red tails would be another cool take. :D

Considering the lack of armor and shields he's a pretty good pilot to rack up that many kills.

urumomo said:
Yeah Yeah

I don't like them :D

I never liked the stripes either. Painting on what I though was supposed to be solar panels never made much sense. But then again, the new movies have WHITE panels. Guess they're not really solar....

Great build, however!

I dig the blood stripes, good job representing a TIE from the EU. I have several TIE fighter and really want a 181 in the collection.

I see a great deal of under spray on your pod connections. If you don't mind some friendly advice... light coats, mount the TIE body on a stick on one side and rotate while you spray. That will give you an even coat.

Latest posts

Back