1/72 STar Wars Howlfighter

Dark Kyp

My entry for that contest will be my first scratchbuild, too. :)

I liked the design of the howlrunner for a long time!

sans_356.jpg

So I decidee to go with a inspired design of the howlrunner which I call Howlfighter.

In dimensions it will be more close from an A-Wing, a fast attack ship!

The main donnor kit will be a Fujimi 1/72 scale RF-4E Phantom II:

dsc01309ek.jpg

For the body I will use that dove deodorant:

dove-invisible-solid-anti-perspirant-deoderant-fresh-1.6oz-1_1.jpg

The parts are already good to work with and the paint hold on it... I'll see how it will get glued!

dsc01338re.jpg

Preview of the rear part:

dsc01345t.jpg

Cockpit pre-assembly:

dsc01346o.jpg

I'll post next steps soon! ;)

Cool choice, dude.
Don't remember seeing any of these fighters built as a scale model before.
But I want to warn You just in case: the plastic those cases for desodorants are made of is unaffected by the majority of glues due to the very bad adhesion ( like CA, or standart plastic model glues). What You might find useful are resin glues, but best way is to consider connecting the main parts via scrue-nuts or other mechanical ways.

Thanks guys ;)

@ Solander: I had my first problem with that this evening... The putty doesn't hold on that plastic...
I really am thinking about making the body from styrene using that case as model... :)

Interesting ship, for some reason it reminds me of a flying squirrel or something! :p

What bit of Star Wars is this from?

Man you've gotta have the cleanest hands a modeler has ever seen. Did you use the contents of that bottle or did you pour it down the sink? Either way it's definitely a cool idea.

Finally playing some catch up!! Cool idea DK!! Love the scratch materials!!! Looking forward to seeing this progress!! ;)

SWEET!
I have never seen this design before. I am glad to see someone else doing some scratching/greebling! :)

Thanks a lot everyone! 8)

From the Dark Empire comics indeed! ;)

That will be a smelly one indeed! ;D ;D ;D

I found a solution about the putty that don't hold on it...
I remembered that at the engineering school I had that lessons about the plastics and how the enterprises changes the surfaces using cold plasma (<5000°C ;D) They heat the surface to make it hydrophobic.

So I removed about 0.3-0.5mm of plastic and... the putty remain on the body! :)

Here are the progresses on the cockpit:

dsc01349e.jpg

It's going to look pretty cool when done there are lots of cool looking ships in the star wars universe I would love to see as kits this one is pretty cool looking to.

Latest posts

Back