1/72 Leopard 2A4

HWR MKII

Along with the Luchs i finished this up. Itsa revell kit as well. One odd thing was it was packaged as a Leopard 2A6. Revell threw the old 2A4 kit in with a new turret and other bits to make it look like a A6. However the upper hull is still wrong in that it has the old drivers hatch details and some other minor things. Well i already have the dragon 2A6 kit so i figured id use the revell kit to do up a good Leopard 2A4. This has the leftover skirts from the dragon Leopard on it as i felt the detailing was a bit better than the revell supplied parts. It also has smaller details added all over to add whats missing. The turret rails were also remade using wire. The kit parts weretoo flat and fat in profile. Overall not a bad kit for its age.

modelpics001.jpg
modelpics002.jpg
modelpics003.jpg
modelpics004.jpg
modelpics005.jpg
modelpics006.jpg
modelpics007.jpg

Nice job, buddy. And thanks for the heads up on it not being an accurate 2A6. I have one in the stash and was, WAS, going to do it up and paint it for Canadian service. Ahh, maybe just follow your lead and put a little more elbow grease into it. But I like what you did with it, it's inspiring to say the least.

Latest posts

Back