1/72 Horton Go 229

Very nice finish. Congrats.

...and you're right, that front windscreen fit sucked. I think I cheated and carved both surfaces a bit to get it a little better and then filled the gap with PVA.

Very nice work indeed!
I wonder if the real Go 229 has been fully restored by now. If not, why? The last I heard of this aircraft it was sitting in pieces and collecting dust in some storage-room at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.

Thanks for the comments guys, and sorry for the belated thanks :)

Would love to see the Go 229 in the U.S. restored! There was a documentary a while back where they built a non-flying full-size replica to test if it would have been invisible to radar; well worth a watch for those that haven't already seen it.

Fanastic I love this aircraft and still need to build mine. I am just undecided on how to finish her. I would like to do a few whiffs of this aircraft. After seeing this build I guess it wouldn't hurt to build a few more. She looks a peach.

Thanks again for the great remarks. The exciting thing about this aircraft is that there are so many options to paint it how you like and still make it plausible. Such a cheap kit to buy too, so you can't go wrong! :)

P.S. A night fighter version would be very cool!

Man, I love this! Very delicate painting- the weathering effects are very nicely done. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back