1:72 HobbyBoss Seahawk FGA.6

Thanks guys, really means a lot to me. :)

I wish I had time to do another one for this GB, it's been a blast for me. But I'm back at work now, I've a CC-130 to finish and another striped project in the works.

Jason (JMac)

Really a great result on this Jason! Also, a very well done thread. Clear explanations and commentary of issues and solutions. I've learned a few things on this one! When I was working in Edmonton (a few months of each of the last two winters) I used to love to go to Hobby Wholesale on Gateway! So did you ever get that Vallejo plastic putty?

Thanks FT. Yes I did pick up the Vallejo putty, but I haven't tried it out yet, I've been using the Mr. Dissolved Putty a bunch however.

Yeah, Hobby Wholesale is great, one of my favourite local stores. I heard that they are expanding again - they own the whole building and will be taking over all of the retail space. You going to be coming to Edmonton this winter, -30 degree centigrade. ;D

Heh heh, no not this year Jason. Yeah, I sure don't miss those frigid temps. We've had it really easy weatherwise so far here in Southern Ontario. The whole building eh...Wow, they already have a ton of space. Another one I thought was pretty good was Comex in the Kingsway Mall. A bit pricey but pretty well stocked. Last year when I was there, Hobby Alley opened up a second store on Mayfield I think? You're lucky to have a few stores to visit. I have to drive almost an hour to get to a decent shop anymore. I met some really nice people out there too!

I'm usually ok with the cold (I've lived in Edmonton or north of here basically my whole life). But this year our winter was really crazy mild for a long time. The temperature was at or close to 0 degree C until this week, and then we had what felt like 25 degree downward swing in the temperature over night.

You're right, the Kingsway Comex is a pretty good shop, I visit that location frequently (it's close to my work). Never been to the Mayfield Hobby Alley, I'll have to check them out sometime - might be a while though because they are on the opposie side of the city from my home.

They mainly do RC at H.A. Jason. Limited kit selection. Yeah, I kind of keep track of the Edmonton news now just for fun and because I kind of feel a bond with the city. Heard you Guys were having it pretty good weatherwise until fairly recently. IIRC similar pattern last year too. I was checking out your HE 219 thread today. Camo looks very good! Sounds like the kit itself was a bit of a dog though eh?

Latest posts

Back