1:72 HobbyBoss Seahawk FGA.6

Seams all filled. I did not pick up the Dissolved putty and the Vallejo, two of our dogs had to go to the Vet for surgery last week. Once the budget will tolerate it I'll pick them up. Finished up some small stuff that was left in the cockpit, and built the drop tanks and rockets. Still have to work out some masking then on to paint.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Well even without that the putties, it looking really good mate. Sorry to hear about your dogs. I hope they are ok.

Might be placing an order then Scott, I'd love to compare that to Mr. Dissolved Putty.

Thanks guys. I keep wanting to put some paint on it, but I have not had very much time lately.

Our one dog just needed some dental work, however our other dog was just diagnosed with a cancer in her paw. She needed to have a toe amputated, and the vet still has to determine if the cancer has spread.

No rush JMac, take care of the pups. I know how you're feeling with the one that has cancer, went through all that with my rotti not too long ago.

I second that; we just had a cancer scare with my lady friend's Black Lab. Worst part is that the test was 'inconclusive'. However, she's still as lovably annoying as ever!! ;D

Thanks M.F.72 and N.D.; my wife is a nurse and has been taking care of the dressing changes. Our dogs foot is still pretty sore - she wants so bad to go for walks but comes back limping every everytime. I did some research into the dogs cancer - it's kind of weird, the SCC cancer starts in the tissues of the nail bed, large black dogs (Labs and Poodles especially) are prone to it. Hope this will be the end of it...

Build wise - I've had a very productive weekend. Everything base been masked, canopy interior colour painted and the whole model has been primed. Primed with the Vallejo black poly urethane - love the stuff - fantastic primer.

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome.

The first colour (the Vallejo pale green - sky) is done, and we are all masked up for the next colour of Vallejo neutral grey.

Thanks for looking.

ShutterAce said:
Cool! Paint! ;D

Yeah, I was all excited until I took the masks off. sigh. :p

Had the mask lift in a couple spots. I ended up with paint lifting in two spots and the frisket film left a sticky residue.

The paint lift, I'm sure was poor/rushed prep on my part. But the residue left behind from the frisket, I don't remember having seen that before, and I've used this particular film on a number of models and different brands of paint with no problems in the past.

I'll clean it up and touch up the paint tomorrow.

JMac

Quaralane said:
Sorry to hear about the mask troubles

Thanks, but no biggie, turned out to be really easy actually. Mostly fixed now - just need to add a little tiny bit more of the pale green free hand just to blend the new and old sections together. Other than that I'm thinking clear coat in the next few days.

Here's the Seahawk with the paint.

I'm mostly happy with the paint. Originally the top of the model was painted with Vallejo 160 Neutral Grey (according to the equivalencies PDF that was supposed to be a similar colour to Tamiyas XF-24 Dark Grey), but it was too light. I repainted it with the XF-24. Then I fixed the overspray from the lifted masks, the residue, and lifted paint. Finished up some detail painting also.

Today I assembled the landing gear, and another small problem came up - she's just a little tail heavy...I tried to estimate the C.o.G. on the model when I added some clay to the front of the fuselage before I glued the assemblies together, but I was a little off. She teeters on her back wheels a second then plunks down on the tail arrester hook...I'll have to think of something - I have some soldering wire...

Oh - and I think the antenna on the bak of the plane will be in the way of the decals for the Suez stripes. I may have to cut them off and them re-glue them back on later.

That's gonna look pretty sharp with a nice Wash and Decals...

Very clean Paint job !!!

Looking forward to your next update !

That is looking sweet ;D Nice sharp mask lines too !!! , As Norm says a good wash will make this come alive . Excellent tidy work JMac ;)

Chris.

Thanks for the positive comments guys. :)

On to clear coat tonight...Decals over the weekend I hope.

Looking good. I would have never thought of using black for a primer coat under something like sky green!

Latest posts

Back