1:72 HobbyBoss Seahawk FGA.6

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
Hey guys, here's what I'm going to be building:

Opened up the box (it's small 16cm x 23 cm approx. ) today and unwrapped the sprues. Nice mouldings. The kit comes in three marking options, two RN (both HMS Albion) and one Indian Navy (INS Vikrant). The thing I like so far is NO WING ROOTS TO FILL! ;D Take a look...

5-11030315320571.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

lol never new india had a navy... looks nice and should be fun

spud said:
lol never new india had a navy... looks nice and should be fun

Quite a sizeable navy they have actually. Most of their carrier's are ex Brit carriers, most of the ships that the UK Harriers flew off of went to India.

well i never new that, you learn somthing new every day eh.

Looks like a nice little kit !..might get one myself . Are you going to do 810 Squadron ??....The stripes would be very cool 8)

Chris.

Thanks guys. It will be interesting, never built an airplane with a parts break down like this. I just saw a resin cockpit is availible for it - but I think I'll pass on that (might change my mind by tomorrow).

@ Chris S - it's got to have stripes ;D, to match the Wyvern I built already and the French Navy Corsair I have in the stash.

Nice choice JMac!!! Looking forward to seeing you go to town on this one!! ;)

good subject for your build. I had one of these in my hands recently at the lhs and put it down. I will be watching your build.

Thanks guys. :)

Looks like some of the other builds are rocking right along. The participation in the group looks great. ;D

Yesterday morning I started in on building the cockpit and the landing gear bays, so far not bad at all. Today I've hit the cockpit tub and the aft landing gear bay with some Vallejo primer. I'm going to build this totally OOB - it's supposed to be a fun, low fuss build.

Not much to show right now (in terms of pictures).

More later.

JMac

Thanks Myke. :)

Well I've been working on the cockpit area, it's not done yet but here's where I'm at...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back