1:72 HobbyBoss Seahawk FGA.6

Hey JMac,
I take my hat off to you. I have always admired people who build anything in 1/72 and smaller. Going to the trouble you have on that excellent cockpit is a real credit to you and I am envious of your skills. My eyes don't like me when I work in that scale. :'( Well done.

My eyes are hurting just thinking about it!!! Sweet work on the seat JMAC!! ;)

Great looking little cockpit there JMac ....very nice :)

Chris.

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I appreciate them.

The cockpit is pretty basic on this kit, it's ok for the scale. I have some other 1:72 kits in my stash with really nice details for the office area.

I keep thinking I should add something more, but the kit is quite small and the when everything is closed up it will be difficult to see the existing details. So I'm just going to keep moving forward with it. I think I went a little heavy on the wash, oh well next time... :)

JMac

It's been a little while - but I've been working on the Seahawk, time permitting, here and there. So far, so good. The biggest problem I've had so far is the joint between the rear fuselage and the front, lots of parts join there, so I have a bit of a seam to sand & fill then sand. Hopefully I won't destroy the details in the process - they are very fine on this kit. Otherwise, nice little build.

Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thats looking great JMac !!, looks like it went together well for you ,not long to paint !! :D

Chris.

Kit is looking great, but I'm more impressed by that mat... .how the hell did you get that so clean???!!?? Amazing

Thanks Chris, Myke, Q, noname & Eastrock. This is turning out to be a lot of fun. But truth be told I'm getting a little bit of "office envy" ::) ; the other builds in the GB are looking really very awesome! ;D

Myke said:
Kit is looking great, but I'm more impressed by that mat... .how the hell did you get that so clean???!!?? Amazing

LOL. New mat. It's the only time it will ever be that clean.

I just saw my LHS has some liquid putty and a tube of the Vallejo plastic - I think I'll go and scoop them up to finish the joint. Has anyone tried the Vallejo plastic putty?

Hoping to hit everything with some primer this weekend...fingers crossed.

JMac ....you have no reason to have 'office envy' fella ,you've done an excellent job on a tiny cockpit yourself ;)

Looking forward to the paint :)

Chris.

I have the Vallejo putty and absolutely love that stuff. What's cool is that you can thin it down with water and "pour" it into the area you need to seal, or just brush it on. The applicator tip is also super helpful to get in those tight areas. Highly recommend it. It's nearly as good as the Mr. Dissolved putty, but with no fumes and 100% water clean up.

That looks really good ! 8)

That tail section seam looks really nice... what did you use on it for putty ????

You don't see too many plane kits done that way...

@ Chris - I was just joking about the "office envy", but not about the other builds looking awesome.

@Myke - Thanks for the info, one more question: do you use (or recommend) the putty from the bottle or the small squeeze tube (the LHS has both).

VAL401a.jpg
or
Acrylicos_Vallejo_-_Plastic_Putty__61181_zoom.JPG

Thanks Ace and Norm.

@Norm, I have not touched the seams yet, just a very light sand is all. There is a small step on the starboard side (top) and port side (bottom). I'll fill them in when I pick up the putty - which now will be next week. I'm surprized how well it went togther in that area; 10 different parts all meet at that seam line.

The one in the tube is what I use. I wasn't even aware of the stuff in the bottle. Now I'm curious. Wonder if that is just a thinner version? hmmmm.

I gotta go place an order.

I knew about the tube stuff, but have never seen it. Carry the bottle stuff here. It is about the consistency of maybe wall Spackle, or thin toothpaste, very fine stuff.

Latest posts

Back