1:72 French Navy Corsair F4U-7

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
I thought I would take advantage of the model building roll I'm currently on, so I started this.
ITL1313.jpg

Taking a look at the sprues, it's exactly the same kit that f2k is building, in this same GB. His F4U-5 build can be found at;
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,4298.0.html

I'm using this build to test out a few things, the first being the Mr. Dissolved Putty. I've also cut the rear control surfaces to pose them in a "drooped" position - never done that before. Made some seat belts out of tape - thanks to FW190A-8 posting a "how to" on how he makes them.

Thanks for looking, and comments welcome.

Jason (JMac)

[attachment deleted by admin]

A couple more pictures just to catch you guys up to the builds current stage.

Jason (JMac)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Corr ,you got another started !! you like those planes with the stripes dont ya :D Looks good ,I like the cockpit ,brillaint work there :)

Chris.

Thanks Q. Just rescribing some of the panel lines, & I should be priming next weekend.

Thanks for the positive comments Chris. I'm enjoying painting cockpits more than I thought I would.

Chris S said:
you like those planes with the stripes dont ya :D

Yep. ;D Funny, today I was planning out my next project for when I get some more of my WiP caught up. I ordered some AM parts and decals, and I didn't really consider it at the time, but it's a P-51D with invasion stripes.

JMac said:
Thanks for the positive comments Chris. I'm enjoying painting cockpits more than I thought I would.

Chris S said:
you like those planes with the stripes dont ya :D

Yep. ;D Funny, today I was planning out my next project for when I get some more of my WiP caught up. I ordered some AM parts and decals, and I didn't really consider it at the time, but it's a P-51D with invasion stripes.

(((lol))) ;D ;D You're a glutten for punishment ;) I'll look forward to that one .

Chris.

The very same kit but with a different label? Interesting...

I’ll be following this closely. Sadly I’ve been way too busy to build anything lately but I promise to get back to work soon (HA! Dangerous to make that kind of promise...). Your completed cockpit is certainly something to aspire to...

Thanks f2k.

Everything got primed a couple of days ago. I laid the first coat of blue on the Corsair tonight. I'll have to do a another coat later, touch ups, and I forgot to paint some of the smaller parts at the same time.

I'll hopefully post some pictures when I have a moment. I'm really busy at work right now...

Jason (JMac)

Excellent work JMac. I love those belts by the way. ;)
Well done thus far. Can't wait to see the finished bird as the Corsair has long been one of my top 3 warbirds.
FW190

Keep up the good work! I didn't have the courage to work on the 72nd scale one.....

But the result is a stunning Paint Scheme.....

Revell48thCorsair.jpg

Can't wait to see yours!

Norm.

Latest posts

Back