1:72 French Navy Corsair F4U-7

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
Reaction score
I thought I would take advantage of the model building roll I'm currently on, so I started this.

Taking a look at the sprues, it's exactly the same kit that f2k is building, in this same GB. His F4U-5 build can be found at;
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,4298.0.html

I'm using this build to test out a few things, the first being the Mr. Dissolved Putty. I've also cut the rear control surfaces to pose them in a "drooped" position - never done that before. Made some seat belts out of tape - thanks to FW190A-8 posting a "how to" on how he makes them.

Thanks for looking, and comments welcome.

Jason (JMac)

[attachment deleted by admin]

JMac

Reaction score
A couple more pictures just to catch you guys up to the builds current stage.

Jason (JMac)

[attachment deleted by admin]

JMac

Reaction score
Thanks Scott.

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Reaction score
Corr ,you got another started !! you like those planes with the stripes dont ya :D Looks good ,I like the cockpit ,brillaint work there :)

Chris.

JMac

Reaction score
Thanks Q. Just rescribing some of the panel lines, & I should be priming next weekend.

JMac

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments Chris. I'm enjoying painting cockpits more than I thought I would.

Chris S said:
you like those planes with the stripes dont ya :D

Yep. ;D Funny, today I was planning out my next project for when I get some more of my WiP caught up. I ordered some AM parts and decals, and I didn't really consider it at the time, but it's a P-51D with invasion stripes.

JMac

Reaction score
Thanks. :)

Hodges

Reaction score
That cockpit looks just stunning for that scale. Great work!

JMac

Reaction score
Thanks Hodges.

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Reaction score
JMac said:
Thanks for the positive comments Chris. I'm enjoying painting cockpits more than I thought I would.

Chris S said:
you like those planes with the stripes dont ya :D

Yep. ;D Funny, today I was planning out my next project for when I get some more of my WiP caught up. I ordered some AM parts and decals, and I didn't really consider it at the time, but it's a P-51D with invasion stripes.
(((lol))) ;D ;D You're a glutten for punishment ;) I'll look forward to that one .

Chris.

f2k

Reaction score
The very same kit but with a different label? Interesting...

I’ll be following this closely. Sadly I’ve been way too busy to build anything lately but I promise to get back to work soon (HA! Dangerous to make that kind of promise...). Your completed cockpit is certainly something to aspire to...

JMac

Reaction score
Thanks f2k.

Everything got primed a couple of days ago. I laid the first coat of blue on the Corsair tonight. I'll have to do a another coat later, touch ups, and I forgot to paint some of the smaller parts at the same time.

I'll hopefully post some pictures when I have a moment. I'm really busy at work right now...

Jason (JMac)

FW190A-8

Reaction score
Excellent work JMac. I love those belts by the way. ;)
Well done thus far. Can't wait to see the finished bird as the Corsair has long been one of my top 3 warbirds.
FW190

schweinhund227

Reaction score
Keep up the good work! I didn't have the courage to work on the 72nd scale one.....

But the result is a stunning Paint Scheme.....

Can't wait to see yours!

Norm.