1/72 F-102A-Meng

spruecutter

The Starfire is far enough along so I can start on my Meng F-102A Case X wing. I have the ejection seat started and painted.
Dagger 2.JPGDagger 3.JPGDagger 5.JPG

Meng is a company I never heard of before this year, but having recently picked up their 1/48 F/A-18F I can say I am very impressed with their quality/ They even did poly caps for the armament so it can easily be swapped out

This kit looks to be right up there as well details wise'

Looking forward to it

Meng is a company I never heard of before this year, but having recently picked up their 1/48 F/A-18F I can say I am very impressed with their quality/ They even did poly caps for the armament so it can easily be swapped out

This kit looks to be right up there as well details wise'

Looking forward to it
My summer build will also be my first Meng kit. Heard alot of good things about them.
Pantherman

Attachments

• 20230226_161115.jpg
    20230226_161115.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 1
I did this one a while back. I found it to be a good kit, but had some fit issues I didnt feel should happen in a supposed "high end" kit. Look forward to seeing how yours goes.

Attachments

• 20191111_180719.jpg
    20191111_180719.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 3
You were right about the fit, it is becoming increasingly worse but not horrible.....yet. It seems like a lot of puttying for a modern main stream kit. I was fiddling with the canopy and it looks like it has a strange fit, will see when I get there.

Yes, the canopy was my biggest issue. It would NOT fit in the down position and they do not provide the lifting mechanism in the kit. So I had to just use a small piece of sprue as bar.

I have the nose painted and canopy on. The canopy is pathetic. The right side is flush with windscreen and canopy, the left side the canopy has about a mm step. The tabs in the rear, canopy hinges, do not fit in the fuselage slots at all. I wanted an F-106 to go with this but it won't be a Meng kit!!!!!
Dagger 24.JPGDagger 25.JPGDagger 26.JPG

Oh no, I had expected far better quality from Meng based on reviews of other kits. Hopefully that is not a trend

Maybe not a trend, doesn't really matter as I build a lot of older kits, not THAT old like the Hawk T33A I am currently building, but more from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s.

Latest posts

Back