1/72 Academy A6M5

AJay

As my first build post, thought I'd show an A6M5 I'm currently working on........

[attachment deleted by admin]

Very nice :) ,the preshade still shows up good .The chipping looks great ,not 'overdone ' ..just right :)

Chris.

Thanks Scott and Chris!

Chipping is so much fun it's easy to go overboard. I had to keep reminding myself less is more......next time I'll do even less ;)

Nice work Ajay, looks great. What technique did you use for the chipping ? I'm hoping to get a result like that on my Dinah...

Just checked out your blog, the ambulance looks real good and your artwork is awesome !! :eek:

Thanks for the kind words, Rookie, much appreciated :)

I applied liquid mask over silver for the paint chips. I used a miniature screwdriver to apply the liquid very sparingly (you don't want blobs) and added random marks in areas that would get most worn. I think I put too much myself, but next time will hold fire a little bit :)

Hey guys, last night I did an all-nighter and completed this little model and base......

A few more photos, one of which is a drawing I did inspired by my model build.

Nicely done AJay. The shading, chipping and weathering look great.

Great work on the Zero. Fabulous drawing...you've got some talent. Cool. Bill

Great work Ajay, I love the weathering and paint chipping. With the base the whole thing comes together nicely.

Latest posts

Back