1/7 Ichika pond diorama

morpheus

Actually had some time to do a diorama before works begins again. The "earth" base was made from florist foam that was cut, shaped, sanded, sealed with glue, primed and painted.

The rocks are molded Plaster of Paris.

Woodland Scenic powders and twigs from my back yard cover the base and "not so E-Z" water fill up the pond.

The wooden base is cut from a piece of scrap ply-board, and the legs from a branch of Kiawe wood -wonderful when used for a BBQ.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hmmm... can't see the pictures. I don't think the problem is with my browser... I have tried both Firefox and IE.

I'm using Firefox, thus far I can still see my photos. (11, July 2009, 10:13pm HST or 12, July 2009 ,4:13am EDT) Anyone else with the same problem viewing the pics?

I see the pics and she is beautiful. The water looks good even if it sounds like it wasn't without troubles.

Thanks! I had to pour in about 4 layers of E-Z Water; upon pouring in each layer, I had to torch the surface in order to melt it. Otherwise, the layer beneath would be visible and appear to be like a Jello-cake. In the process I burned two of my items. Both were standing grass; one made it through with minimal damage, the other one did not.

[attachment deleted by admin]

But hey, that still looks quite great. I really like the waves of the water. I just would have added some subtle color to the water. Great nonetheless!

elend said:
But hey, that still looks quite great. I really like the waves of the water. I just would have added some subtle color to the water. Great nonetheless!

I have yet to find a way to color E-Z Water.

Latest posts

Back