1/500 Yamato 2199

Madhatter

Well, I 'm calling this one done. I'm pretty with how everything came out in the end. Everything works as it should, so extra plus for me right there

I took a fair few pics, so I won't paste all of them here, but I'll post a link to the entire album. One day, when I can figure out how to use a video camera properly and find a way to edit and upload it, I will

Here's a link to the WIP: http://madhatterscaleworks.blogspot.com.au/

Link to slideshow: http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/madhatta/slideshow/1%20500%20SBY%20Yamato/finished

As always, thanks for looking
MH

Thats beautiful MH..
Can you post it in the Kuat Drive Yards on the DSS as well.. it deserves to be seen..

stretch said:
Thats beautiful MH..
Can you post it in the Kuat Drive Yards on the DSS as well.. it deserves to be seen..

thanks bud - I'll do up a thread there shortly :)

!! ... I missed the WIP link

...... only saw the slideshow link ::) :p sorry , It was late

Need more time to check that out ! off to work I must go ... :(

Cheers ,
Uru

Very nicely done here! That lighting is sweet looking. How big is this kit? Looks about 13" - 14".

thanks guys - sorry for the delay
Hagoth, it measures out to be 66cm long (don't ask me for inches because I have no idea)

Wow! the lighting and superb weathering really make that a head turner. Beautiful job!

Madhatter said:
Hagoth, it measures out to be 66cm long (don't ask me for inches because I have no idea)

Wow! :eek: Bigger than I thought. 25.98" long. (divide 66cm by 2.54) That is some awesome detailing you have to work with at that size. Great job all around. Can you point me to where to get that kit?

sorry bud - I bought this one in a shop - not online. I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of only 6 that were alleged to have come into the country. The fella from the shop told me they had to wait 6 months before finally landing 2 in store. I got the last one. You can get them easily enough online though through HLJ (when stocked) or Evilbay, even Amazon

Absolutely one of the best Yamato builds I've ever seen. Ever!
You really knocked this out of the atmosphere!

Now build us some Star Wars! Maybe a nice 2256th Acclimator or Venator.
You had a Venator going, right? I recall it being really nice

thanks Jason

nah man, I haven't built another one of those Venators yet - there is someone else here whose doing one but it isn't me.....yet ;) I've been stocking up on parts and even bought another radiator grill ready to go :)

I am going to build the Bandai T-65 soon though if that counts?

MH

Latest posts

Back