1/48th scale RX-78-2

Knock Knock Knock!!! LOL!!! Nice vid John!! Thanks for sharing with us! It's nice to hear the stories of the origins of how people get into this! Those indelible images of your Dad when you're younger tend to stick with us. The modeling relaxes most and brings us back to a nice carefree time!! Nothing wrong with a little rant now and then BTW....is what it is....nice restraint too!!! Time and place!! ::) Now get this done so the MF can get done!!! LOL!! Yup, my shelf queens are growing here too!!! ;D

Kewl!
Nice vid.
reminiscing..... Model building takes me back too.
YES!!!! MAZER TANKS!!!!!
I have been thinking I'd scratch one of those together someday!!!

ModelMakerMike said:
Kewl!
Nice vid.
reminiscing..... Model building takes me back too.
YES!!!! MAZER TANKS!!!!!
I have been thinking I'd scratch one of those together someday!!!

I have an actual Maser tank model kit, a Type 66. It was made by Wave back in the 70's. Found it on Ebay one day.

Here is a link to a similar kit, but sold:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/war-gargantuas-sanda-vs-gaira-maser-139395047

Todd: have no fear I will be back at the Falcon soon. Very soon. I don't think the RX-78-2 will take that much of my time to finish. I am about half way done with the preliminary build up.

Steezy: You got that right. I am ordering up two or three bottles of each color except for yellow. Not much yellow on him.

thanks Noc5659!

Mr. Natural: Had a Godzilla movie marathon last weekend. Good stuff!

Cool updates John - I just managed to watch all three now. That is one HUGE kit. I like and could identify with some your reminisces about model building, I think those are common themes for many of us.

Keep it moving.

Jason

Thanks Jason! I have been keeping it moving. I almost have the assembly work done. That will be in the next video up very soon.

This kit goes together very fast.

BTW Grendels, some friends of mine told me that my Gundam head was compatible with the Megasize RX-78-2.

For those who didn't saw my topic this head http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,7271.0.html

Can you confirm that the head could be replaced by "mine" ? Same neck ? Or even the chest, is that how it's done in yours ? An upper part for your chest ?
Really asking myself if detailing the chest was a good idea. I plan to obtain a Megasize model one day so... Why not modify it to have the "manga" version ? :)

Good update John. I still can not get over how huge that suit is. Painted up that is going to be wickedly cool.

Awesome! I think the legs alone are taller than my 1/100 master grade! cant wait to see some paint on her. Are you thinking about weathering him up?

Thanks Mike!

Jason, it is a very large model. He is sitting in front of me right now, staring at me. I think he wants paint!

That will be done soon, I just have to wait until I finish up two other projects, neither of which should take a lot of time.

MrNatural: Of course I will. That will be part of it, and the fun part as well.

Youli: Here are some photos so you can decide for yourself. Measurements are in cm

IMG_9667.JPG
IMG_9668.jpg
IMG_9669.JPG
IMG_9670.JPG
IMG_9672.JPG
IMG_9673.JPG
IMG_9674.jpg
IMG_9675.JPG

He looks kewl, but unfortunately really "Toy-like".
BUT I know that painting will take care of THAT!
;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, there is no paint on it yet. I just wanted to go out and play with the camera a bit. I am about to do some before shots, so I will have something to compare it to once painted.

I have FINALLY started construction on my build..... ::) ::) ::)
And I was just thinking about this 1/48th scale build of yours.
;D

I am going to put this one on hold for a bit. But only for three weeks max. I have some paint on order and I want to finish up the Mercury 9 by the 20th. I also have a practice project to do for the paint on this one. That kit is built up and only needs paint so it should go fast. Just a weekend or two.

Latest posts

Back