1/48 Trumpeter MiG-15 UTI

FlipFlop

I like my planes like my women - dirty!
Hey guys, i've got another one cooking. Some of you maybe know how much i love Russian airplanes (pure awesomeness imho) so i settled with MiG-15 until i go to vacation (16th). I want to keep things with this Midget plain and simple so 99% will be OOB. It will probably be in Polish or Iraqi colors because i hate NMF but i don't have the decals so i'll probably paint them, try at least...

Here is the kit:
trumpmig15.jpg

Started working on cockpit, airbrushed all the internals and assembled few parts of the engine:

2012-07-08215528.jpg

2012-07-08215609.jpg

Here are two possible paint schemes:
29_4.png

19_1.png

This one was sitting in my 5-kit stash for some time so i decided that her time has come.
Cheers!

I finished the cockpit tonight and this model is becoming real nightmare. I would like to meet chinese guru that came up with parts breakdown for this one. Anyway here it is, i am really on the end of my nerves so i won't be adding seatbelts...

2012-07-09024846.jpg

Hiya Flipflop ,

Good to see you back in the saddle again :) Nice start too . Trumpeter are well known for a bit of 'over engineering , where two parts will do ..Trumpeter will add five or six for the same job ::) ...but they do make nice kits if you can stick with it .
I like the Iraqi scheme ,not often seen .

Chris.

Looking good.

If it was my choice....I would go for the desert scheme.....sucker for some of the more intricate ones!

Thanks guys.
ECH - i think i am going to opt for a desert one too, it just looks right on this plane and markings are easier to paint too imho...

Today i remembered i saw Cuban version black and blue but i don't recall where and i can't find any reference photos so if anyone has any photos of this plane it would be much appreciated...

Aaaand, one quick shot while i am taking a short break:
2012-07-10202544.jpg

Assembled nose part, wings and back part and now i have to think of a way to line them up so it doesn't end up as a filler queen...

Also i think i am going to make a plane normal and display engine next to it...

Cheers!

Ok, it's 3:56 in the morning and this is where i am at:

2012-07-11034804.jpg

2012-07-11034821.jpg

Today i had much more patience so i enjoyed it much more than yesterday. It will need some filling and sanding tho - there are some gaps (on wing roots for an example) which i covered with few liters of glue for now...

From now on i'll probably stick TamiGawa and Eduard, thank you...
Cheers!

Tnx for sticking with this thread Chris, i started thinking that i am the only one following lol ;D

Cheers ;D

I'm following along also FlipFlop. Did you decide on the scheme yet? What paint colour did you use for the interior blue?

Hahaha i was kidding ;D ;D , but it is nice to have you all on board!

@rookie - i don't know, trumpeter definitely has some character and charisma. I guess the problem is that i am really impatient and nervous last few weeks... And i've got another Trumpy waiting for me (1/32 MiG-21MF).

@JMac - for now it's Iraqi desert camo but if i manage to find some info on Cuban one i might do that. For interiors i used Italeri's Light Blue (FS 15200) although in instructions it says "Blue Pearl". This one was the closes match i had.

Off: Why does the spell-check always mark word "i've" - is there something wrong with it? Has all my life been a lie?

Tnx for stopping by,
Cheers!

Don't know how I missed this one.
Looks real good, Flip.
Mig 15 is small, didn't realize that till I'd seem
some of the pics.

sweet lookin build flip flop, id go for the desert camo too i just like em, look forward to seein the rest of this build come together :D

Hey, thanks guys!

@blunce - that's the one, this is really helpful. I can already see that it's going to be an epic battle between Iraqi and Cuban camo.

I filled all the seems with Tamiya putty and that's where it's going to stay for the next 10 days because i am going to Egypt for a vacation...

I haven't done much in last few days because i found new 'hobby' - biking. I took my old mountain bike and started riding again and i seem to really enjoy it (both physically and mentally) despite every muscle in my body aches ;D...

Anyway, i'll be reading and posting but won't be working on my birds.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back