1/48 Tamiya VW aka Herbie the War Bug

Thanks T, Grendels, and Ken!

Hope to get some more work done soon. My son had oral surgery the other day so I've been spending time playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii with him ;)

Thanks man!

Steal away...its a combination of T's SBS and some other techniques I learned from reading mags and websites...

Having a little too much fun with this one...a couple elements for the base...the Be Prepared sign is going on the telephone pole...going to have to get those decals snug and then rough them up a bit...
009%7E11.jpg
010%7E10.jpg
011%7E11.jpg

Gotta figure out what to add to the back seat to fill up the space a bit...can't see it as clearly-- but the passenger side of the car has corrugated metal welded on the side...I'll take better pics once I rust things up...

I also added a broken cover slip for the back window and put in a bullet hole...but again-- the shot ended up focusing on the front chassis piece more than the main body...I'll take better pics later...

Thanks everyone!

Looking to fill in the back seat a bit...MREs and water bottles were suggested, but I don't have much modern stuff in 1/48...someone else brought up an old teddy bear which I kind of liked...but dollhouse sized was a little too small...might try sculpting one...

Thank you much!

Nothing yet on the teddy bear front,,,but more work done on the passenger side-- still have loads of weathering to do-- but here is where it is now...
003%7E29.jpg

Thanks guys...there won't be a windshield so hopefully you'll be able to see details from the front...here is an update...got the driver nearly finished after having him go MIA for a few weeks...if you're going to have a Zombie killermobile, you have to have a Zombie killermobile driver...this is the Tamiya driver body from the kit with a Warhammer Sentinel walker driver head attached...forgot to flick the macro on :(
008%7E17.jpg

LOL...looking kewl Mike!!! Get the macro on the next round of pics!!! LOL!!! Keep at it!!!

Latest posts

Back