1/48 Spitfire MK Vb (Tamiya) ready for inspection

suavetomcat

A few weeks ago Scott kindly made a video for the Scale model addict utube channel of my work. I thought I'd add some more photos of the work in the video. I hope you enjoy.

This is Tamiya's 1/48 Spitfire MK Vb. I added a resin seat and resin exhausts from quickboost. I was chuffed when this took The Presidents trophy at last years IMSS show in Dublin. The photographs aren't great as they were taken with my old camera.

IMG_0008_zpsa7ccb4a_edit_1402243351135_zpsa8v0wwef.jpg

IMG_0013_zps1733dfcd.jpg

IMG_0004_zps033dfe98.jpg

IMG_0005_zpseda15675.jpg

IMG_0015_zpsbadbd84e.jpg

Thanks for checking out my build.

Chris

Hi mikey. I use a product called ez line. Great stuff. Slightly elastic so there's a bit of give in them. Once they're on its hard to break them unlike stretched sprue which is very fragile.

Chris

stunning work, all of your builds!!!
but overall, the build quality here has gone through the roof lately!

zappa

Thanks zappa. Appreciate the comments.

Mikey, if you have trouble finding the ez line brand, uschi van Der rosten rigging thread is pretty much the same stuff. Let me know how you get on finding it.

Chris

Thanks again Chris...really great help.

That link to uschi van Der rosten rigging thread is superb!!

Between yourself and this chap, I could learn a lot.

My pleasure Mickey, the thread is really easy to work with and doesn't break (just stretches....within reason of course)! I use it for every build now. I wouldn't put myself in UVDR's level but thank you for saying. He's done quite a few articles for the Scale model addict magazine if you haven't checked them out yet.

If there's anything I can help with mate, just give me a shout.

Chris

Latest posts

Back