1:48 Revell (Hasegawa) Ar 234 B2/N Nightfighter

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
Here's where I'm starting in this Big Spring Contest thing. My first 1:48 scale jet. I'll post some pictures of the sprues/parts once I get underway.

Jason

arado-ar-234b-2-arado-ar-234n-nachtigall-1-48-revell-aircraft-model-kit-4505.jpg

i saw this in the lhs the other day in the 1/32 scale, its a sweet looking kit

Nice choice there J!! Looks like a fun build!! I will be along for the ride!!! ;)

Will be nice to see this built. I have the same kit, started it a while back but I screwed up the paint so its been stitting on the S.O.S. (shelf of shame) waiting to get stripped and repainted. Watch the fit of the clear parts around the cockpit, I had to fill a huge step at the seam of the upper glass and fuselage. Good luck with the build.

Thanks guys. I've never posted a contest thread before in case things went side-ways, I'm hoping to not dissappoint.

I'll get started on the build this evening, it was a busy weekend fundraising for a school exchange trip. Looking at some of the other wingy builds I have some serious competition already. Should be fun...

Carsenault said:
Will be nice to see this built. I have the same kit, started it a while back but I screwed up the paint so its been stitting on the S.O.S. (shelf of shame) waiting to get stripped and repainted. Watch the fit of the clear parts around the cockpit, I had to fill a huge step at the seam of the upper glass and fuselage. Good luck with the build.

Thanks for the heads-up Charlie. I've been looking around online and most sources seem to agree it's a nice kit, but the seam on the canopy and the fit between the clear parts and the fuselage (and rear cockpit bulkhead) can be tricky.

Pictures soon.

Jason

That's a nice looking plane. Was I build during the war or was it only a paper plane?

I've got a small update. I've been busy cleaning part and removing mould lines. Managed to start into the cockpit assembly this morning - sometimes I hate tiny PE parts... But the belts and the seat are together. This is going to go pretty slowly methinks...

Biskup said:
That's a nice looking plane. Was I build during the war or was it only a paper plane?

Biskup - It was actually produced. The night fighter was based on a bomber version, but it was not really that successful, the radar antenna lowered the air speed, and the engines devoured fuel at a very fast pace. That aside I think it looks cool.

zappa said:
Very nice subject! I'm looking forward to see this one Jmac.

Zappa

Thanks Zappa. I started into the Uhu also. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jmac is that a resin cockpit with pe belts? Are you going full tilt on after market parts on this one?
I'm looking forward to see this one completed, maybe at the next geek meet ::)

Zappa

Looking good! Just be glad it's a simple cockpit. I superglued a few PE to myself while working on the Fw 189.

Thanks guys. :)

zappa said:
Jmac is that a resin cockpit with pe belts? Are you going full tilt on after market parts on this one?
I'm looking forward to see this one completed, maybe at the next geek meet ::)

Zappa

Not full tilt. One of the guys at the meeting a few months ago gave me a CMK detail set for this kit. Just a little resin and PE in the front office, the seat belts and an IP mainly. Most of the other stuff is exterior, flaps and stuff. Some of the parts I won't be using either, as they don't apply to the nightfighter, only to the bomber. Not sure if I'll be able to make the March meeting, I think my wife has me book to be somewhere else during that time slot.

Dusky - I'm not so sure this is that simple a cockpit, I've just begun the assembly, most of the parts are not shown in the picture.

Well, I'm going to try and put in a couple more hours on it. Continuing to chip away...

Latest posts

Back