1/48 Revell EA-6A Prowler

I can see from your pictures that we are both experiencing the same Fit issues!

I have the same problem with the Jet Cans area ! The onboard APU air intake, (right wing square hole) and the Main air intake cowlings! So! I don't feel so bad now ! LOL A little sanding did you good on that Tail section! Very nice job! Can't even tell it had a slight "misalignment".

Keep up the good work!

I just finished Stitching the underbelly and have been using lots of Mr. dissolver! To blend it all in!
So far so good!

Looking forward to your next update!

Norm. Out!

Thanks everyone!

Well...after getting the rest of the seam work done and some experimenting with some insignia red (considering the original photo has the leading edge slats and flaps this red color-- but there is no way to recreate that here...nothing available in AM...I looked!)-- I am thinking of painting the speed brake area red and possibly some other places...we'll see!

One thing is fer damn sure-- I should've added some weight to the front of this sucker!! Might be able to add some lead shot under the cowling yet...we'll see...
005%7E2.jpg
004%7E1.jpg

Maybe I'll make a base and glue her down that way...

You might cringe at my suggestion! But it might help you?

Drill a small hole at the bottom of the nose cone! Buy some lead shots from a fishing or hunting
Store! Pour the lead shot in and add some glue to goop it up! Let cure! In a position suitable to keep the mix at the very tip! And check if balanced? After cure!
Maybe check how much you would need! First! then do the surgery!

Then plug and and smooth the hole!

Beats trying to remove the nose!

Hope it triggered your mind?

Later buddy!

Thanks man!

Actually the part I meant was the cowling about the instrument panel...it's just a smallish piece that is slightly tacked in there with glue...might try popping that back out first and then do your tip with the lead shot! Hope the front gear is strong enough!

Good call ! I have a plane which suffered a front landing gear 'failure' due to weight in the nose!
So don't play with it too much after it's weighted !

If that happens! 'SAC' sells a metal replacement set! For your plane!

It's not expensive! (scale aircraft conversions)

Looking forward to see it on it's feet! Now that you mention it! I better check my Prowler! Oops!

Thanks guys! Operation was a success!! Removing the upper cowling (or is it called coaming?) allowed me to drop a few sinkers in and after a good long dollop of Elmer's glue, she's sitting pretty and the gear seems pretty strong as well!

Well-- got the scheme pretty much done-- not sure if the Vallejo Model Air Blue Grey is the best match...but since this is supposed to be honoring a Coral Sea scheme, I think it is pretty close. Love the half blue grey under the wing...
006%7E2.jpg

And here is the scheme as it stands now--
009%7E0.jpg

Just dipped the canopy pieces in food coloring tinted Future...depending on how it looks, I may do another dip or two...and then its time to start the many many decals...

Thats looking pretty sweet ! nice paintwork :)

Chris.

Looks good Jeeves, I like the grey and blue coral sea paint job.

I find it Odd that Revell would Model the Landing Grears with Hydraulic lines and Kinetic let us down !!!

so its not always a good move to go with the latest kit on the market !!!

Can't wait for you to start on the Decals... should look pretty Cool !

Later !

Can't wait to see more. I've got at least one sheet of those decals too, and plenty of Prowlers in the stash. I actually like the idea of putting the scheme on an EA-6A. Coming along nicely!

Thanks all! I have another day or so of waiting for the Future to cure before I start on decals and painting things like hydraulic and brake lines yet...

Latest posts

Back