1/48 Revell EA-6A Prowler

Jeeves - you should post that silver pencil idea on the tip page. Good idea.

Definitely post the silver pencil idea to the tips.

Very nice work here on that office

Well yeah ! in a way ! I used color pencils before but... your execution was pretty Slick ! looked like drybrushing to me so... Well Done !

:p

Nice detail in those seats ,brought out well with your painting ....looks good .

Artists watercolour pencils are handy too ,especially for doing chips and the like ;)

Chris.

Well-- I was able to close up the gaps in the fuselage, but did so with a bit of a lip on one side...on to sanding ;)

001.jpg

Painted my screens with some bright green and orange craft paint...looks the part from the outside looking in ;)

002.jpg

Yeah ,them screens look good . That looks like a lot of sanding to do on the front of the fin !!

Chris.

Chris S said:
Yeah ,them screens look good . That looks like a lot of sanding to do on the front of the fin !!

Chris.

Ayup...going to be busy ;) Gonna resist the urge to try using power tools as it would probably only end badly ;)

Put Masking Tape on the Side that doesn’t need sanding as a sacrificial zone.... then when your HIGH point has diminished to almost perfect... Remove your Tape and Blend both surfaces together...

This is gonna look good my friend....

Thanks everyone...I've been sanding away here...everything seems to be smoothing out quite nicely...will be putting on the wings and horizontal stabs later tonight...

Nice progress, and don't resist the power tools. A good circular saw can come in handy at times.

Thanks Myke...I was able to take care of things pretty well with just a sanding stick and some elbow grease ;)

So far though, I have the wings and stabs on and thanks to Tenax, very little seam issues...
002%7E0.jpg
Although now that I look, a touch of Tenax ought to fix that wing intake well enough ;)
001%7E0.jpg

You're beating her well into shape !, Looking very nice buddy ;)

Chris.

Coming together really well. I love the shape of this plane!

I'm with you on that chest cold too. Been fighting the man flu for about 2 weeks now.

Latest posts

Back