1/48 Hasegawa Tony

Bladerunner

My mom says I'm cool!
A builder's special that was given to me. Its Hasegawa's 1/48th offering.

The previous owner (I think) got it as an almost complete kit and simply gave it to me. I took it because it was built very well but the paint was not so great and it was in a boring green finish. Simple green took care of that and I am doing the rest. I really like the lines of this model and I am at the pre-gloss stage:
CIMG0713.jpg
CIMG0711.jpg

I love the look of the Aeromaster decals - its almost like a red and yellow lightning bolt down the sides. Hopefully have this one done soon.

The natural metal finish looks great. I totally agree with you, it's nice break from the typical chipped green Japanese planes commonly seen.

Great finish on that bird ! Looking forward to the decals :)

Chris.

Nicely painted metallic finish! Correct me if I'm wrong, is the plane from the Red Tail squadron?

:eek: wow looks awesome cant wait to see it with some markings on it i built a hasegawa tony and it was a great built keep up the great work.

Panzerman75

I like everything except for the white stripes - for watever reason, I just could not get them to gloss properly so I attempted to paint those markings. Lets just say I will need to find a new technique.

Anyhoo - here he is:
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg

That is looking real nice :) the white looks fine in the pics . Are you going to do a panel line wash ?

Chris.

That's a good looking bird! I'm not familiar with the plane, but it looks cool. I also agree that the paint looks sweet, both the metallic and the stripes.

Super quality job on the painting. If it's super gloss you are looking for, try brushing on future. Gives it that depth in the glossy finish. Might have to give it a couple coats.

That's one colorful aerial predator. Forget camoflage, it says, "Look at me, I'm coming for you!".
Beautiful bird. Thanks for sharing your work.

Latest posts

Back