1/48 A6M2 Type 21 (Hasegawa) ready for inspection

suavetomcat

A few weeks ago Scott kindly made a video for the Scale model addict utube channel of my work. I thought I'd add some more photos of the work in the video. I hope you enjoy.

This is Hasegawa's A6M2 built out of the box. I think this was my second venture into 1/48.

IMG_0080_zps12929baf.jpg

IMG_0081_zps08d1d488.jpg

IMG_0083_zps5926975d.jpg

IMG_0077_zps4222940a.jpg

IMG_0073_zps6f0e9ce1.jpg

IMG_0071_zps8faccb12.jpg

Thanks again to Scott for the video!! You're a star!

Thanks for ckecking out the zero. If you have any comments or suggestions please step forward. lol

Chris

Absolutely beautiful, truly stunning.

I'm seriously thinking of building an A6M2 next after my Spit build as a tribute to the genius engineer Dr. Jiro Horikoshi

If you have time to watch I highly recommend watching The Wind Rises - A semi biopic movie of his life leading up to the design of the A6M2
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OO78jqp2J8[/youtube]

Hi mickey. Thanks for the comments and sharing the video. I'll definitely check it out. I'm a big fan of Japanese aircraft myself. You cannot go wrong with any of the hasegawa a6m2 kits. The tamiya a6m3 and a6m5 are slightly nicer though. Loads of detail. I look forward to you building one. ;)

Chris

No Worries Chris, I'm a huge Studio Ghibli fan, and this is just phenomenally good. I think you will enjoy it as it really depicts the Japanese attitudes at the time.

Hope you get to enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks for the tips on which kit to get, will be a while before I can get around to it, but will be definitely adding one to the stash.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work
:)

Latest posts

Back