1/4222 Errant Venture

My.... she is a chunky monkey.
There is a lot of work going into this, and it's looking great!
Keep it up!!! ;D

Got some work done on mine over the hot, hot weekend.

1. Finished installing trench fibers. I fear there might not be enough. The density of them might have to increase 20-30% for it to look right.
evj_img_6851.jpg

2. Started adding superstructure wall details and greeblies. I combed through a new batch of parts and have a good amount of stock to add this week…I’ll also have to get to the rear section.
evj_img_6873.jpg

evj_img_6881.jpg

evj_img_6882.jpg

3. Detailed the front of the bridge to try and match the studio model better. The AMP part is pretty good in terms of the basic shapes of the details, but it was sorely in need of refinement.
evj_img_6855.jpg

4. Place all the fibers on the bridge front. I don’t know how many there are but the studio model has upwards of 150+. It’s kind of hard to replicate that at this scale so I just made sure to get the basic areas and levels in. The only difference is that a row may have 4-6 fibers as opposed to 8-10 compared to the studio model.
evj_img_6864.jpg

5. Filed down and added new details to the sides of the bridge. They’re not totally accurate but they work. Call it a “Terrik rehab job”.
evj_img_6883.jpg

evj_img_6888.jpg

6. Place the turrets. Halcyon hooked me up with his extras and while there were only 4 intact and 2 broken ones, I made up for it with some cannabalized parts from Moebius’s BSG.
evj_img_6880.jpg

7. Added some more greeblies around the Darksaber weapon and on the 2nd tier prow.
evj_img_6879.jpg

8. The bridge face didn’t exactly sit tight on the housing so some strip styrene was used to cover some of the gaps. A few more pieces will be added here and there to finish that area up.
evj_img_6887.jpg

9. I couldn’t resist tossing a coat of primer on the upper hull. It just really ties the room together…
evj_img_6875.jpg

I am stunned with the amount of work you have put into this project. I can't even imagine how that ship could look bad or even mediocore when it's done. I do have a question... how are you going to mask all the fiber optics to paint that sucker, or do you have to pull everything out then paint and wire it back up?

I just pull the fiber out a little further when threading them and trim once all the painting is done. :D

Staggering amount of work Nick. This would drive me mental! Gonna look mean as hell when she's finished.

Nick that is an awful lot of FO going in to that at such a small scale. God bless your eye's and patience.

Wow. Big Thursday night update before the weekend push.

1. Finished the little prow section. Its a little beefier than the studio model bit I like it.
evk_img_6931.jpg

2. Started the engine flap piston/hinge/pipe thingies. They still need to be sanded a little flat.
evk_img_6937.jpg

evk_img_6941.jpg

3. Tested my thin styrene strips on the domes. Looking good but the inner pieces need to be placed before going the whole way around.
evk_img_6949.jpg

4. Finished detailing all the sides of the bridge and neck as well as placed the details on the back of the spine.
evk_img_6953.jpg

5. Darksaber weapon is now completely detailed.
evk_img_6955.jpg

6. All levels of superstructure now are complete.
evk_img_6956.jpg

evk_img_6960.jpg

7. Another light coat of primer to unify. Man it looks good.
evk_img_6962.jpg

evk_img_6963.jpg

evk_img_6965.jpg

evk_img_6966.jpg

evk_img_6967.jpg

evk_img_6968.jpg

evk_img_6969.jpg

evk_img_6970.jpg

evk_img_6973.jpg

8. Started piecing together ALL the hangars…it’s quite a process…
Trenches:
evk_img_6974.jpg

evk_img_6975.jpg

evk_img_6983.jpg

evk_img_6984.jpg

evk_img_6985.jpg

Main ventral:
evk_img_6976.jpg

evk_img_6977.jpg

evk_img_6978.jpg

Aux ventral:
evk_img_6981.jpg

evk_img_6987.jpg

evk_img_6989.jpg

Holy jeebus...

It's a MONSTER TRIANGLE OF DOOM! ;D [I keed, I keed (I've been using this phrase too often lately)]

Really, really great work! I especially love the spine area, it screams greeble, greeble, greeble!

Now I do expect an array of Tie squadrons inside that ship, otherwise Vader would be most displeased! :D

Thanks guys! I'm really pleased with the progress...but when I write the list of every little thing that needs to be done still I get a little weak. :-X

But I've also really wanted to do this project for a long time and glad the opportunity came up. Thanks again for your encouragement!!! I do it for you! (Partly... ;))

nicholassagan said:
Thanks guys! I'm really pleased with the progress...but when I write the list of every little thing that needs to be done still I get a little weak. :-X

;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back