1/400 R.M.S TITANIC

longlance67

cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war -shakespear
Howdie All,

time i fianlly take a model from my stash that has been collecting dust for the last eight odd years, and with the 100th anniversary of the ill fated Liner fast approaching I thought it would be a great time to tackle this monster of a model :)

P1100795.jpg

The model is Academy's offering from back in 1998 I was eight years old back then ??? 8) lol
the kit is well detailed and will be a very enteresting challange to tackle such a complex build and paint it with brushes only. I bought this off a mate about 7-8 years back and did a little work on it before getting scared by the scheer size of the build. As theres a box full of spures with some very tiny parts :eek:

P1100796.jpg

So first things first, i started work on all those years ago the stern, bow and midships top decks and all there fitting, these will all need to be repainted first. And decks too will need to be repainted also and stained to give a nice wood effect which im currently working on

P1100797.jpg

more to follow soon all

cheers

shane

Looking forward for another great ship, Shane!!! its an old kit but I'm sure you can improved it :D

Eastrock,

glad to have you onboard mate :)
this will be an out of box build so it will be entresting to see what we can get out of it

Rentar,

thanks for the support buddy, this is gonna one hell of a complex build but its going to be a blast

cheers

shane

Nice to see you takle this one Shane :) .Good start on the decks too buddy ,looking good .

Im going into Belfast next week to visit the new Titanic building (exhibition) ,it looks pretty good . I worked on a Titanic display for Cultra museum (near Holywood Co Down ) a lot of years ago ,a group of us built a large model of the ship sinking and there was lighting & sounds added to it as well .It was a cool project to be involved in .

Anyhoo ,looking forward to this one .

'The Titanic ' .....It was ok when it left here ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
Nice to see you takle this one Shane :) .Good start on the decks too buddy ,looking good .

Im going into Belfast next week to visit the new Titanic building (exhibition) ,it looks pretty good . I worked on a Titanic display for Cultra museum (near Holywood Co Down ) a lot of years ago ,a group of us built a large model of the ship sinking and there was lighting & sounds added to it as well .It was a cool project to be involved in .

Anyhoo ,looking forward to this one .

'The Titanic ' .....It was ok when it left here ;)

Chris.

That model you worked on sounds fanastic, any photos of it by any chance id love to see it :)
I the exhibition looks very good, alot of work went into it by the looks of it. I grew up in Cobh before moving up to Galway, being the last port before the ship sank, the white star ticket office is now a restaurant i belive

BUILD UPDATE:

managed to get of the deck sections painted up over the last two days, about eight hours worth of work...white is a tricky colour to paint :-\

P1100807.jpg

P1100808.jpg

more to follow soon gents

cheers

shane

Making progress Shane!! Titaninc is one of my all time favs Bro!!! LOL...still have one of these as a shelf queen. I was looking at the Minart 1/350...not yet!!

Keep up the great work!!! ;)

Looks good Shane :) I do like the decks ,you got a nice wood effect going .

I will try to sort out some pics for you ,they will need scanned if I can find them ,failing that next time Im over at the museum I'll take a few more ,the display is still there .

Titanic .....Built by an Irishman ...Sunk by an Englishman !

Chris.

Chris S said:
Looks good Shane :) I do like the decks ,you got a nice wood effect going .

I will try to sort out some pics for you ,they will need scanned if I can find them ,failing that next time Im over at the museum I'll take a few more ,the display is still there .

Titanic .....Built by an Irishman ...Sunk by an Englishman !

Chris.

cheers buddy,

its great to hear the model is still there too :)

i dont know what caused the sinking more......the fact we built it.......or they sailed it into the only iceburg they could find ;)

Been thinking about one of these too- I saw the Cameron special and some others recently and in ONE -can't recall which- said that the rear or forth smoke stack was added on to give the ship an appearance of power, but that it was a fake stack, here some guys are discussing it's use.

http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/discus/messages/5919/779.html?990225927

Turns out it was true! Good luck with this build- looks great so far. CR

LOL...you are right with that Krypto!! I love seeing the old drawings and paintings depicting here with smoke coming out of it too!! ;)

Any updates yet Shane? ;D

Latest posts

Back