1/35th Continental Army of the Revolutionary War / War of Independence!

Bouryaki

Remember, "Lifes the Journey, Not the destination"
Hi all,

The first question is, should I call these blokes soldiers of the 'Revolutionary War' or 'War of Independence!'. ;) Your input would be appreciated?

Secondly, What do you do with all of the models that you've finished with?

My wife is very supportive but I've started to encroach on her Twilight trinkets, so the pressure is on, 'she who must be obeyed' has put her foot down.......... anyway......

This set is a series of Militia Figures from the American War of Independence (Revolutionary for those in the UK); the set includes Benjamin Franklin leading a collection of assorted freedom fighters.

By way of review these are 1/35th Scale from Revell, they are made of plastic. There were very easy to work with and the details were fine for plastic figures. I would recommend them to those who enjoy plastic.

Hope you enjoy,

Regards,

Craig.
My Current Album
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117986340098243235229/albums?hl=en

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bouryaki said:
The first question is, should I call these blokes soldiers of the 'Revolutionary War' or 'War of Independence!'. ;) Your input would be appreciated?

Here where I am in the states, it has always been referred to as the Revolutionary War.

Perhaps due to the fact that there were several Wars of Independence topics taught in school about countries like Mexico, Greece, Ireland, Israel etc.

Revolutionary War, and get yourself your own display cabinet. My 2 cents.
Nice figures...historical figs are alot of fun to paint. Good job. Bill

Thanks Bill (Panzerman) and Ken for the feedback,

That's two votes (from USA) for Revolutionary War. Hmmm no comments from the 'mother country'!! Perhaps they're busy with the other colonies or something ;)

PANZERMAN said:
Nice figures...historical figs are alot of fun to paint. Good job. Bill
I appreciate the comment. I have moved on from Rev War and I'm currently on a 'Napoleonic bender', great uniforms and plenty of choices. I have even managed to find some of those old Airfix 54mm, you know the ones inside a clear plastic bubble with a cardboard backing that had the instruction printed on the back.

Regards,

Craig.

Craig,
Those 54mm Aifix kits are terrific. Hard plastic so seam line clean-up is a breeze.
Multi-pose gives you choices, and the thin sheet styrene for rifle and equip. straps are all
great attribute of those kits. Have Fun building them. Bill

Latest posts

Back