1/350th U.S.S. Wasp LHD-1 by MRC

Rattler375

Howdy folks,

Not one of My normal undertakings, but for some reason or another... I got attacked by a sea creature and have found Myself doing 2 major projects.. 1st this one.. the USS Wasp LHD-1 from MRC. Digging alil further back in time I also found out that Fujimi and Revell both produced this kit in the 350th scale as well... Going rate for this lil beast is around 289 bucks... or more depending on where you are and who you buy from. We localy have a Hobby Lobby and the kit was listed as 278.99 2 weeks ago.. I was in there Last week and found it for 61.99..... someone was playing around with price tags.. just so happens HL was doing a 30% off on model kits as well...and I had to have it.. all in all I paid 43 bucks and she came home with Me.

I'll be adding the PE sets from WEM * white ensign models* and JAG's deck vech PE/resin set as well.. Hawk decals * who is doing a set for all 8 ships that are currently active*

So it's gonna be one of them long haul projects. Project 2 I'll post seperately, but it's going to be the Might Mo with allllll the bells and whistles... I'm only missing the front deck section from L'Arsenal from France currently... so I have to wait till more are casted. anyways..

here are a couple photos of the lil beasty.

USSWaspLHD-1boxart.jpg

USSWaspParts.jpg

The semi-official story on this kit is.........

The kit is manufactured by Trumpeter,

Distributed by Fujimi in Asia in a Fujimi box,

Distributed by Revell of Germany in Europe in a Revell box,

Distributed by MRC in North America under the name Gallery Models.

In the end, it is all the same kit, not matter where it is bought, who's name is on the box.

Sweet kit, I have sold 2 of them here at the shop....didn't get a chance to look inside it though! Tempted by it....however I probably should finish the 1/700 version I started about 15yrs ago!

Looking forward to see your build!

43 bucks? 43 bucks! That is incredible. Must be one of the sweetest deals I've ever heard of. WOW. I would have bought it too. This will be soooo cool. Gotta say, I'm a bit jealous.

Rattler sir, you have a job ahead of you, that's A LOT of plastic. I'll be watching this one!

Just looking at this again. I gotta build one some day. Model the high seas. Would make a great winter project.

Scott Girvan said:
Just looking at this again. I gotta build one some day. Model the high seas. Would make a great winter project.

Yeh me too! I been drooling about it since I saw it in a FSM add. I've been kicking my feet about about getting the tamiya 1/350 enterprise but I may get this one instead.

Rattler.....they got anymore?

At $43, even after you factor in shipping to Maine, that would be about $80 below my cost, including the shipping!

I have a feeling though that either there was only one.....or, they quickly changed the prices back after you left!

so I'm alil late in getting back here to answer questions... sorry wife had Me busy...

yes 43 dollars.. an yes they have more...least there was one in there last week.. Jan 17 2011 that is.. might still be there not sure haven't gone back in for anything yet.

DK, got the big E as well and she's a beast man.. especialy if you all the PE like I did... I'm fixing to order the 5 fret PE set for this lil beast as well next wk.

yes I do plan on getting a couple more just because and the wife gave Me her blessing so it's all good as well hehe... just have to find a place though since I have a growing number of Large scale kits coming in this year...32nd scale Bombers 1/6th tank & jeep as well as various 1/16th tanks an tracks. lol

Rattler375 said:
DK, got the big E as well and she's a beast man.. especialy if you all the PE like I did... I'm fixing to order the 5 fret PE set for this lil beast as well next wk.

So tempting!

Impressive Rattler and the price.....OWWW! Can't walk from that.. I'l be looking out for the Might MO! I have her sitting on deck..... :p. Put her off to finish some other stuff, but seeing an awful lot of ships lately, might not be able to resist. Looking forward to your progress(s). ;D

Wow sweet price!!!!!! I gotta admit. i had some anxiety when i saw the amount of parts on the sprues in the box. good luck with that~!

Yepper... that much styrene for 43$ big ones is Awesome... what a catch !

Good luck with the project.... can't wait to see some of it getting put together...

Norm

OUT !

Latest posts

Back