1/350 NX-01 Starship Enterprise

Hey there,
I really need to do a better job at coming around here again. I'm glad to see there's a ton of new faces and talent on this forum. Props to Scott for getting this site going.

And to get to the point and answer your question. I used a spray paint for this one, and I just got back from the garage where I've been keeping the empty cans...for what reason..I don't know..but I found the cans.
The base color is a 3 oz Krylon brand called Short Cuts; I found it at Hobby Lobby, but I'm sure any other national chain of arts and craft stores may carry it. The color is Antique bronze.
And the second color is just Tamiya's Gloss Aluminium.
I posted other pics on another site.
http://www.escalemodels.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4866&st=0
And I think I had some more in progress photos that showed a clear shot of the pattern before I weathered the model.
If y'all have any other questions, please ask.

Thank you for the link, I read the whole thing, and it gave me a bit of insight into how to approach the painting. I already have the Tamiya aluminum, and was thinking about mixing up a batch of paint using steel and gold leaf for the "bronze" color, but I might go your route.

Your build is the only one that I have seen where the builder worked on the seams with the nacelles. I know that those seams will be a challenge.

ScreamingSamuraiStudio said:
I posted other pics on another site.
http://www.escalemodels.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4866&st=0
And I think I had some more in progress photos that showed a clear shot of the pattern before I weathered the model.
If y'all have any other questions, please ask.
Those pics make me want to go in and rework my....unfinished one

Well, for those interested. I found the can out in the garage that served as the base coat for the NX-01.
Again, I found this in the craft spray paint aisle, NOT the model section of Hobby Lobby. The color is Antique Bronze, but I think Tamiya's Titanium Silver also works as a nice substitution. I found this out when i sprayed and tried to highlight the little Han Solo on my Slave-One.
BeautyShots.jpg

Good Luck with yours, and can't wait to see what you guys do.
And I am tempted to go out and score another one of these kits..could have done so back in Feb at a model show, but I had already spent about 70 bucks..plus another 40 that I didn't even tell my girlfriend about. And well..it's not that I'm afraid of her..but I know who calls the shots.

Latest posts

Back