1/350 NX-01 Starship Enterprise

Now, admittedly..
When I scored this kit...i REALLY wanted the 1701. But alas, I scored this one first and it was a surprisingly uplifting and encouraging build for myself.
Truth is, I had been away from scale models for about ten years or so and this was my first one back into the hobby i thought i left behind.
Anyway, I should take better pics of this behemoth.
DSC_0154.jpg
DSC_0153.jpg
Pretty much from the start, i decided i wanted a heavily weathered look for this ship. I just thought it looked better with some age and some dirt..did wonders for the Millenium Falcon.
DSC_0152.jpg
DSC_0149.jpg
DSC_0151.jpg
DSC_0106-1.jpg
DSC_0109-1.jpg

And this last one, I indulged myself... growing up I always wanted to be a professional model maker..or at least to be the dude who paints them for a living..so, I dropped in a background and tweaked the lighting on the model.
There are no lights in the kit, but with the wonders of modern technology, just a little swipe with the burn tool in photoshop and Viola!
NX-01wallpapercopy.jpg

Anway, thanks for checking out my stuff here. Looking forward to sharing some more of my sci-fi projects.

I am actually not a Star Trek fan but wow, that looks great. Very well painted. Looks like you didn't lose any of your talent over the ten years. It's also nice to see more sci-fi builders joining. ;D

wow...doesnt look like you left the modeling scene at all..your skills are still razor sharp...I have this in the closet and it makes me want to build it now....hope it will turn out half as good as yours.

Great paint work.

I'm going to be tackling my first "aztec" paint job on a Trek kit this summer. I like how yours are clean edges, but super-duper thin. They don't look like they were masked off. Very inspiring.

djdood said:
Great paint work.

I'm going to be tackling my first "aztec" paint job on a Trek kit this summer. I like how yours are clean edges, but super-duper thin. They don't look like they were masked off. Very inspiring.

That, sir
was all thanks to the aztec template from Aztec Dummy. It REALLY made things easier. You can look them up on the culttvman website.
I have a couple of the work in progress shots to show off the pattern before I weathered it and threw on all the decals. i'll post those a little later this afternoon.

79 Daytona said:
WOW!! That ROCKS!!! I got one of those kits which i have yet to build.

I have to say, it was quite a build. It took me some time, but I think that was all worth it in the end. I even won my first contest with it a few weeks ago too.
I'm going to be jumping on the the BIG Refit Enterprise in a week or so..and then I have the re issue to work on too after that...the 350 scale models can be addictive.

Great news about your win at the contest and i know what you mean about being addictive i've got two of the 1/350 PL Refit kits sitting here.

Just watched all of series 1 and 2 of Enterprise. She is a lovely ship and you do fine work showing how lovely she is. Great job can't wait to see more :D

Nice work! Excellent job. I just got one of these recently and can't wait to get started. What kind of paint did you use?

I actually have the same question about paint, because I am getting near painting mine. And from what I have seen of your builds, you do a great job at painting. The color calls that come with the model don't match what I see on TV, or in my reference photos.

Latest posts

Back