1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm no where near done though...I haven't even started to weather this yet. I was referring to almost done with different colored panels.

I'm going to weather this...but not as filthy as a rebel ship. Still, I'm sure Coran got his X into a mess too.

Yeah, Whistler you mean (I had to Google it, LOL). Both Coran and Whistler will be in 1/35 and positioned in the foreground.

Hopefully it will all make sense once complete. LOL.

Thanks!

Tonight was all about the decals. Haven't top coated with Future yet but I thought I'd post anyways. Getting those roundels centered and aligned was....fun.

3633.jpg

3634.jpg

3635.jpg

Almost time for weathering! ;D Man, I am anxious to tear off the masking on the open panel and cockpit.

Yeah looks great, your really moving on with this mate. Would love to see some footage of this thing so we can see the size/under Neath/close up etc of her! ;)

I must say this is going to be a feast for the eyes once it's finished and put all together.
Cheers
Lukasz

Thanks guys. I'll try and get a quick video up.

I was 'testing' out how this looks with 1/48 figures and it's not great....this model is more like 1:43.

I wonder if there are any figures out there that are a bit larger than 1/48??

++++

Wow...there's actually alot. 1:43 appears to be a popular car scale...so there's lots of mechanics. Now to find some cheap...

phpThumb.php

++++

When I lay this hangar out I'm going have to be very careful with scales and positioning. The big 1/35 X out front, then to the 1/43 Green X, then the 1/48 Awing just slightly behind...then 1/72 and 1/144....

I was thinking..lol...if a 1/48 finemolds Xwing suddenly fell out of the sky, it might be cool to place it behind this green one...it would really sell the perspective having 2 side by side that are so very close in scale...we'll see.

Should be really interesting once I get to that point.

Those decals are looking SHARP!

Should be very interesting indeed to see this all put in place.

Great progress, Scott! It really looks live, you capture the lived-in look that the "Star Wars" universe had. I like the kill markings, too. Shiny!

Beautiful work on this Scott. Very tidy job indeed. Sorry if it has been mentioned before but what does the little white/silver square on the roof represent?

fumblethumbs said:
Sorry if it has been mentioned before but what does the little white/silver square on the roof represent?

A mistake. LOL...thanks for the comments guys. So far so good, with the exception of that little white/silver square on the roof.

Scott Girvan said:
fumblethumbs said:
Sorry if it has been mentioned before but what does the little white/silver square on the roof represent?

A mistake. LOL...thanks for the comments guys. So far so good, with the exception of that little white/silver square on the roof.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ;D OH...That was good!! I thought it might have been a..........um...........an.............Hahahahahahahahaha ;D OH...That was good!!

Edit spelling....hehehehehe...

oh wow she has come along leaps and bounds since i last checked in. she is looking awsome scott

Latest posts

Back