1/35 scale tubing

Former1

Hello everyone…does anyone know where I can buy tubing similar to the photo below? Thanks
IMG_9377.png

Thanks for the info. The problem I have with solder it’s not flexible like the tubing once offered by Verlinden.

I don’t know why Verlinden calls it tubing because it isn’t a tube. It’s a round solid flexible substance similar to rubber.

I have tons of stuff like that that I got from HLJ over the years .
I just searched for what was currently in stock though .
Most things you need to order and then wait months for it to become available .

So they carry this type of stuff without a wire in the center?

HLJ did have all kinds of stuff for detailing like this .
Usually in the automotive section .
I shipped from them monthly for about 4 years straight but I haven't ordered from them in years .
A bunch of it isn't stocked and if you order something it might be months , but might be weeks , before the item is available .
I didn't care . I was stocking up and shipping when that " private warehouse " time limit forced shipment .

You'll just have to search and see .
I do not like the new website at all .

Thanks for the info. The problem I have with solder it’s not flexible like the tubing once offered by Verlinden.
What kind of solder are you using? I use wire solder to replace the kit hoses on Maschinen Krieger kits, and it's very flexible, though it also retains its shape. I wrap it with fine beading wire to replicate ribbed hoses.

I am not using solder. The material I use frequently comes with equipment sets once offered through Verlinden. It is a rubbery material and is very flexible. Here’s another photo. I think Royal Model also uses it. I don’t know why Verlinden calls it tubing because it is not hollow in the center. It is solid.
IMG_9379.pngIMG_9380.png

Last edited:
I did a search under tubing/hose and what I found was nothing comparable to Verlinde’s product.

Their new website sucks .
Well , it's several years old now but the old site was better .

You unfortunately need to search page by page .

There's all kinds of cord and elastic " string " available for jewelry making and whatever .
Different synthetic materials so painting it might be an issue depending on what it is .
You might search thru Amazon , or local arts and craft store .

Thanks for the help. I don’t mean to be difficult. I just like this particular product and it is frustrating when you can’t find it. I know it’s out there. Someone has to make it.

:D no difficulties .
I understand .

I honestly recommend going thru the products from Royal Model on HLJ , page by page .
That's how I used to do it , lol . Then order and wait days or months until whatever it is is finally available , pay for it and stick it into that " private warehouse " .

The material is definitely out there .
The current Maschinen Krieger kits include similar materials for hoses & wires , and car and motorcycle kits the same .

I can't post Amazon links for specific products here using desktop ,only mobile , ( it's an anomaly that was never fixed ) but search " rubber cord " .
probably " vinyl cord " also .
I see it available down to 1.5 mm OD , but you might find it even thinner .

I am not using solder...
Sorry, but your earlier comment made it sound like you were using it or had used it. That's why I replied.
Nevertheless, wire solder could work for this application. Only a suggestion, not a directive.

Latest posts

Back