1/35 Meng BMPT Terminator - Urban Pacification Unit

Madhatter

This is something a little different to come off my work bench - an armour subject. In this case, it's the 1/35 Meng BMPT Terminator

Great kit - goes together really well. The tracks were confusing to start with but after doing a few links it's easy to do. I gave up on the jig they supply - it just wasn't working for me, so the were all joined together using the spacing on the sprues.

I ummed and ahh'd about the scheme for ages: I loved the splinter pattern but not the colours and I liked the 2009 colours but not the camo pattern. I know - I'm very finicky like that. So after a while, I decided to do it in Urban Camo colours and I must admit, I am really happy with my choices.

All painted using Gunze and Tamiya and I tried out Vallejo washes and varnishes for the first time. I am suitably impressed. I did seriously contemplate doing some chipping however, I wanted it to look used - not abused.

I realised I had forgotten to add the tow cables and wing mirrors before I shot the following pics, so I do know they are missing (they are one now though) and I've just finished the EMT units that will also go on the front.

Enough talking, time for the pics:

Well, I think that's enough pictures. Any and all comments, critiques or suggestions are always invited

Thanks for looking

MH

Great build! This kit is already in my stash, washed free of mold release, and ready to build. The urban splinter cameo looks so good!

Quite nice ;D

Why does the vehicle have slat armor only at the left-rear quarter ?
Provision for power-plant ?

Thanks ,
Uru

urumomo said:
Quite nice ;D

Why does the vehicle have slat armor only at the left-rear quarter ?
Provision for power-plant ?

Thanks ,
Uru

Where the slat armor is on the side, is where the engine exhaust is, if you cover that area with a solid armor plate, no where for the engine exhaust gasses to go.

Figured it was power plant related .

I'm really digging that camo scheme more and more ;D

Ciao

Latest posts

Back