1/35 JS-2 (Dragon)

alfonzo1

Hey Guys,

Been out the loop for a couple of years, not had my hands on a kit due to house moves and work, but been getting the inevitable urge to model again.

Decided to pick a simple kit to get back into things and get my skills back up to speed, as such i have gone for Dragons 1/35 JS-2.

tCPQgbe.jpg

This was pretty cheap and looks like a fairly simple build (although there were no instructions in my box which will make things interesting) with few optional features.

1p4TTpH.jpg

Started prepping the larger pieces and the turret, bit annoying that it has nice weld detail along the joins but the sprue tabs are on the weld (Photo below is a clean snipped from sprue). Tried my best to emulate the weld with blade and file but will just have to remember where there are are and add some weathering here.

h9kHPmh.jpg

Anyway, will hopefully have this moving along quickly, would love to hear any suggestions for this kit. Going for a green modulated colour scheme but again any suggestions i'm all ears.

Alan.

So I have finished the build, nothing overly special as I said it was a fairly simple kit. Few of the joins were a bit dodgy but I think I can also put that down to being out of the game for a while (noticed a bit more sanding that needs doing while taking these photos).

Working on the dining room table at the moment which sucks, dying to get a proper workstation set up again.

I have included a photo of an old copy of fine scale modeler that I will be using as a guide for painting and techniques.

wenRrik.jpg

TPqZdmd.jpg

15Fe6ni.jpg

6HP3tvB.jpg

Great progress buddy as you say a simple kit but with nice results looking forward to the paint stage :)

Dan B

Latest posts

Back