1/35 Bronco Opel Stabswagen

Bizarre

Hi guys, here is my entry, finally.
I think it will go into auto again, but I am sure I have no chance against proper car modellers :))) Again, as last year, this kit is a present from my wife for my birthday. I assume she prefers me building cars not tanks :))))

Unstarted thing
IMG_0747.JPG

Chassis

IMG_0749.JPG

Inside

IMG_0750.JPG

The wheels are very nice, each has 8 parts, so the pattern is quite authentic.

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

I am not done yet :)

IMG_0753.JPG

Now I am basically waiting for small PE set from Hauler to detail it a bit and checking the references to choose the paint option.

Excellent start!!! I've yet to build a 1/35 automobile. I'm so accustomed to 1:24. The Tamiya Simca has inticed me a bit though. This kit looks fun as well.

yeah, Simca is a fantastic kit. I actually did Tamiya's 1/48 Tilly earlier. That was pure fun!

Oki-doki. I got my lights set today. Basic construction is finished and I am waiting for PE to come.

IMGP4960.jpg

IMGP4961.jpg

IMGP4963.jpg

PE arrived yesterday and now the assembly is finished. I will start painting tomorrow ;)

IMGP5146.jpg

The PE grille enhances the model a lot ;)
IMGP5147.jpg

PE pedals
IMGP5148.jpg

Dashboard.
IMGP5150.jpg

More progress here. I studied carefully the reference image I had and I think that this was a civilian vehicle painted OD when the Allies took it. Airbrush work is with Tamiya acrylics and everything else with Vallejo.

IMGP5173.jpg

IMGP5174.jpg

Elf lights make the difference!
IMGP5176.jpg

Echelon mirrors too ;)

IMGP5177.jpg

Tarp.

IMGP5178.jpg

More to follow!

Latest posts

Back