1/35 British Cromwell

Andy Smith

Hi all,
Well,as i`ve only just signed up this current build is well under way,but i thought i`d post up where i`m at with it so far.
It`s a Tamiya kit,straight ootb build using the supplied Rubber Band tracks,base coated in OD,with a "Dark Green" wash.It looks very shiny at the moment...... that`s deliberate of course,been Glossed varnished in preparation for a "Dust" wash,followed by pigments. Then it`ll be stowage and figures time:p.
Anyway,enough waffle.... `ere be pics.............
IMG20221119191545.jpg
IMG20221119191519.jpg
IMG20221119191414.jpg
IMG20221119191507.jpg
So there you have it,
Cheers for now,
Andy

Hi all,
Well,as i`ve only just signed up this current build is well under way,but i thought i`d post up where i`m at with it so far.
It`s a Tamiya kit,straight ootb build using the supplied Rubber Band tracks,base coated in OD,with a "Dark Green" wash.It looks very shiny at the moment...... that`s deliberate of course,been Glossed varnished in preparation for a "Dust" wash,followed by pigments. Then it`ll be stowage and figures time:p.
Anyway,enough waffle.... `ere be pics.............
View attachment 95231
View attachment 95232
View attachment 95233
View attachment 95234
So there you have it,
Cheers for now,
Andy
Nice work Andy, I'm liking it.
Pantherman

I too am liking this. In fact the Cromwell is on my must do list. I am also in awe of your work bench with all the trays and what not for bits and bobs. How organised is that??? Mine looks like a bombs hit it. Great work.

I too am liking this. In fact the Cromwell is on my must do list. I am also in awe of your work bench with all the trays and what not for bits and bobs. How organised is that??? Mine looks like a bombs hit it. Great work.
HA!! Thanks for that Phil...
.. not so sure about the "organised" bit mind.... Usually the stuff that should be in those drawers are all over the place!! ;)
Re the actual kit though... I'd definitely recommend it mate,it's typical Tamiya (as in a superb fit,and a pleasure to build),and looks a good rendition of the real thing if you ask me.... Although I'm No expert!!

HA!! Thanks for that Phil...
.. not so sure about the "organised" bit mind.... Usually the stuff that should be in those drawers are all over the place!! ;)
Re the actual kit though... I'd definitely recommend it mate,it's typical Tamiya (as in a superb fit,and a pleasure to build),and looks a good rendition of the real thing if you ask me.... Although I'm No expert!!
Me neither Andy but it does indeed look the real deal. Love it and love Tamiya.

Phil

I do like a tidy workspace, I'm a bit of a neat freak when it comes to modeling.
Pantherman

Attachments

• 20221106_205314.jpg
    20221106_205314.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20221106_205349.jpg
    20221106_205349.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20221106_205441.jpg
    20221106_205441.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 13
Oh Wow.....no way am I going to show you mine.
Now I'm intrigued, got to post a photo. We can shame you into tidying it up!!!
I have worked with chippies who can't find their tool's through all the mess around them so probably nothing I haven't seen before.
Pantherman

Now I'm intrigued, got to post a photo. We can shame you into tidying it up!!!
I have worked with chippies who can't find their tool's through all the mess around them so probably nothing I haven't seen before.
Pantherman
Hmmm......I will think about this. Stay tuned.

Mornin' Chaps :)
Made some steady progress on this one, namely "dusted" it up a bit,added some camo netting,and began the tedious process of adding/removing leaves to try and get a good balance......
IMG20221123164954.jpg
IMG20221124180620.jpg
Plenty to be done yet,but it's taking shape,the commander is nearing completion,so he'll make an appearance in the next update ;)
Thanks for looking in,cheers for now,
Andy

Andy, pardon my ignorance but what do you use as the leaves on the netting? It looks really good.

Phil

Look
Mornin' Chaps :)
Made some steady progress on this one, namely "dusted" it up a bit,added some camo netting,and began the tedious process of adding/removing leaves to try and get a good balance......
View attachment 95325
View attachment 95326
Plenty to be done yet,but it's taking shape,the commander is nearing completion,so he'll make an appearance in the next update ;)
Thanks for looking in,cheers for now,
Andy

Andy, pardon my ignorance but what do you use as the leaves on the netting? It looks really good.

Phil
Phil, I have used these and they worked really well. They come in different colours.
Pantherman

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125-204032_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125-204032_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 8

Phil
Thanks for the compliment Phil. :)
The stuff above,that Pantherman suggests is good, I've used it in the distant past, however,whilst rifling through the wife's ingredients cupboards,a few years ago,I saw these(not the wash mind!! :) ) and had an idea.....
IMG20221126084302.jpg
Poor a 50/50 mix of each into a rattle can top,stir them up thoroughly and shake em all over where you've put PVA glue,leave to dry, then invert,shake and voila..... probably have to add/take off a few here and there until you're satisfied with the coverage.Then dab the occasional,lighter parts of the "leaves" with the wash if it needs toning down a little ;)

The stuff above,that Pantherman suggests is good, I've used it in the distant past, however,whilst rifling through the wife's ingredients cupboards,a few years ago,I saw these(not the wash mind!! :) ) and had an idea.....
View attachment 95333
Poor a 50/50 mix of each into a rattle can top,stir them up thoroughly and shake em all over where you've put PVA glue,leave to dry, then invert,shake and voila..... probably have to add/take off a few here and there until you're satisfied with the coverage.Then dab the occasional,lighter parts of the "leaves" with the wash if it needs toning down a little ;)
P.S. Forgot to add....
You can get other brands of the same stuff for as little as 39p a jar....and these 2 have lasted me YEARS :)

Afternoon Gentlemen :)
Well, quite productive day,the Commander is in and I've finished the camo stuff.... I could've gone further with it,but there comes a point where you'd see no tank... .... just a mobile shrub!! ;)
Anyway, without further ado,in no particular order,here are some pics....
IMG20221126144416.jpg
IMG20221126143920.jpg
IMG20221126143338.jpg
IMG20221126143415.jpg
IMG20221126143539.jpg
So then, stowage next....

View attachment 95333
Firstly, Andy great model. Love it and look forward to seeing it on a base. What you use for leaves on the camo net is genius. Thank you so much and rest assured I will be doing one on my next vehicle for the European theatre. At the moment I am doing a desert Matilda so I will wait until I finish that first. Well done and thanks again.

Phil

Latest posts

Back