1/32 Trumpeter P-40B

fightnjoe

i keep turning up....just like a bad penny....
Finishing up the interior work. Everything I will show in this post is now installed.

The port side



And the little bit on the starboard side.



What is left on the interior is the seat, the lower section of the tail wheel assembly, and finishing off the plumbing of the starboard side of the cockpit. Oh so close to closing up the fuselage. Oh so close.



All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.


Joe
 

fightnjoe

i keep turning up....just like a bad penny....
And yet another update. This one is just a bit of the small stuff and then a big step forward.

First the small stuff.

The IP.



The tail wheel assembly.



And the seat.



Well then came a big step. Closure of the fuselage.




Next up is to go back and work on the wing some. I have some fixes to make and some little things to install.

Moving along but oh so slowly.


All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.



Joe
 

fightnjoe

i keep turning up....just like a bad penny....
Many many thanks.

I do have some repair work to do on the wing but it is minor.



Joe
 

fightnjoe

i keep turning up....just like a bad penny....
Well folks back again. Just a brief one this time.

The wings are on and the fuselage is now completely painted.







Decals are on and setting at the moment. There will be pictures soon.


All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.



Joe
 

fightnjoe

i keep turning up....just like a bad penny....
Well folks work continues on the P-40B.

The decals are in place. I have glossed them over to prepare for the weathering stage. They went down a dream this time. The subject is "White 68".









Next will be to start the weathering.


All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.



Joe
 

fightnjoe

i keep turning up....just like a bad penny....
The fun begins.

The process to bring the showroom aircraft to a well used aircraft has started. Using artist oils the process begins with a simple dot filter. Once the filter was blended I used mineral spirits to show some staining. This was in a very random pattern. I added some additional oils in places where I felt and had seen photos of the staining being heavier.









Phase one finished. Next will be phase two, chipping and additional weathering and staining.


All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.



Joe
 

fightnjoe

i keep turning up....just like a bad penny....
Phase two.

For this part of the process I went back through with some oils and also with an Acrylic pin wash to pic out specific spots. I did this after shooting a Flat Clear over the aircraft. I also dry brushed Flat Aluminium in areas that I had seen in photos were subject to wear and tear. I used several brushes from a fine point to a rather large soft brush.







The next stage will be the small detail work in the landing gear and such.



All comments,critiques, and criticism are encouraged.




Joe
 

fightnjoe

i keep turning up....just like a bad penny....
Well folks the time has come to make the decision.

I am going to submit this to a magazine. With that in mind this will be the last update until I am told no or it is in print.

Now the update...


Continuing with the weathering pastels were added to show exhaust staining. I also added some on the exhaust pipes. I added some black pastels to the wing roots to try to tone down the look.

Pictures..........




Thank you all for following along.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.



Joe
 

Latest posts

Top