1/32 scale P-40/General Grievous Starfighter

Stargeezer

I just found out that Revell has a 1/32 scale snap kit of the General Grievous Starfighter. I have had a project in mind since I first saw that ship in the movie I really like the looks of it but I want to do a retro version using two of the old Revell 1/32 P-40 kits and the Grievous kit. I'm planning on using just the center section of the starfighter with the canopy, vertical tail and two front fuselage areas of the P/40s. I still have to get all of the kits involved before I can get started. I'll post progress pics when I get everything together.

RevellH238-200P-40E.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

I don't think this project is a particularly new idea, if I'm not mistaken these are a couple of P-38 Lightening engines.

headermg.jpg

Well I got the ball rolling today I ordered the General Grievous fighter on sale from Squadron and I'm working on getting the P-40s on Ebay.

Now that I have two of the kits on the way and I'm waiting for the auction to end on the other P-40 I'm thinking about the paint scheme. I know I'm going to use the shark mouth decals on both engines but I don't know if I want to do the WWII camouflage or just a one color paint job. I'm planning a diorama with a pilot figure and maybe a robot mechanic or two with an engine panel open to show some interior goodies. Any ideas you guys can throw in would be greatly appreciated.

I won the Ebay auction on the 2nd Revell P-40 so I'm just waiting for all three kits to get here so I can get started.

Now THIS sounds like an eciting concept.
I LOVE the P-40 !!!!!
and I love me some Star Wars stuff too.
Should be kewl to see it all come together. :)

Well I finally was able to get started on this project the other day. The design has changed a bit it's going to be more like the F-82 twin Mustang. I will be posting some progress pictures by the weekend if I can get my friend Brandon at the hobby shop to take them for me. I have the right boom and wings together I have to build the cockpit and put it in the left boom before I can attach it to the wings. Then I will start on the tail wing between the booms and start filling all of the seams. I found an old intake from the engine of a 1/32 scale Me-262 in my parts box. I'm using it in the center between the booms and I used some parts from the Grievous fighter as the rear exhaust for the two engines. I also doubled the wheel attachments on the main landing gear I think it's going to look pretty good when I'm done. This is a sketch of what it will look like when finished.

P-40Etop4.jpg

I finally have a few progress pictures I changed the tail a bit I think it looks more in the style of the plane. I'm going to have to scribe new panel lines after I finish all of the filling and sanding but it's getting there.

P-40Spacehawk1a.jpg

P-40Spacehawk2b.jpg

P-40Spacehawk3c.jpg

P-40Spacehawk4d.jpg

:eek: :eek:

Impressive! I like it, it has the beauty of the P-40 and it's sci-fi... so what do you want more... looking forward to seeing more! ;D ;D

I have made a little more progress on the dio I'm still filling and sanding all of the unwanted holes in the plane. I have also started on the figures and the hover truck. I have the pilot a maintenance guy and a robot that I made out of bits and pieces the truck is going to be a refueling truck. The diorama is going to have the figures in a group as if they were talking about what work needs to be done to the space fighter. I'll try to get a couple of pictures of the plane, truck and figures on the base tomorrow.

OK guys here is the basic layout of the diorama, excuse the cab on the truck it decided to pop out of position just before the pictures were taken. The pilot is leaning on the plane because he refuses to stand up until he gets glued down.

P-40Spacehawk5.jpg

P-40Spacehawk6.jpg

P-40spacehawk7.jpg

P-40Spacehawk8.jpg

P-40Spacehawk9.jpg

P-40Spacehawk10.jpg

Latest posts

Back