1/32 Revell Mitsubishi A6M5 Rei-Sen

she sure is looking snazzy, and she has a nice looking pilot too, looks the like Ace Of Spades P-51 may have a new friend to play with :D

i find it interesting that the Japanese pilot has what looks like a parachute, and a sword, most Japanese pilots chose not to wear them to save weight, and by what i understand beacuse the Japanese did not think too highly of being captured, they thought it was dishonorable. if you bale out, you are very likely to get captured, so most Japanese pilots chose not to wear parachutes, the sword is cool, i could totally see a Japanese soldier carrying one wile not flying. good job with the pilot, excellent detail, and nice paint.

13aceofspades13 said:
i find it interesting that the Japanese pilot has what looks like a parachute, and a sword, most Japanese pilots chose not to wear them to save weight, and by what i understand beacuse the Japanese did not think too highly of being captured, they thought it was dishonorable. if you bale out, you are very likely to get captured, so most Japanese pilots chose not to wear parachutes, the sword is cool, i could totally see a Japanese soldier carrying one wile not flying. good job with the pilot, excellent detail, and nice paint.

As I noticed at Osprey "Japanese Naval Aviation Uniforms and Equipment 1937 - 1945" they often use parachutes. Saburo Sakai himself describes some types of Fujikura Paras. I got the informations there :

http://books.google.de/books?id=Bn7nyOrs-GwC&pg=PA23&lpg=PA23&dq=japanese+pilot+parachute&source=bl&ots=ZMj6kwYMWD&sig=Ce9ExSQ9ml1MghbJMYbd15CIejQ&hl=de&ei=2najTercH47Nswbh-v2BAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=japanese%20pilot%20parachute&f=false

Really nice job on this kit....

This and others here may very well inspire me to dig out the boxes I have up in my garage..... you know the ones with the Blackwidow and other medium bombers from WW2 in it. I am thinking I may have some of the same issues you described in here.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
13aceofspades13 said:

As I noticed at Osprey "Japanese Naval Aviation Uniforms and Equipment 1937 - 1945" they often use parachutes. Saburo Sakai himself describes some types of Fujikura Paras. I got the informations there :

http://books.google.de/books?id=Bn7nyOrs-GwC&pg=PA23&lpg=PA23&dq=japanese+pilot+parachute&source=bl&ots=ZMj6kwYMWD&sig=Ce9ExSQ9ml1MghbJMYbd15CIejQ&hl=de&ei=2najTercH47Nswbh-v2BAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=japanese%20pilot%20parachute&f=false

hmm perhaps some pilots did wear parachutes...

Quite simply stunning! I'm starting to get a real taste for Japanese WWII aircraft. I love extreme weathering and they don't get more weathered than these guys!

GalaxyChief said:
Really nice job on this kit....

This and others here may very well inspire me to dig out the boxes I have up in my garage..... you know the ones with the Blackwidow and other medium bombers from WW2 in it. I am thinking I may have some of the same issues you described in here.

Hehe! I wish you a lot of fun for digging and building :)) Looks like, we have the same hobby: Kit digging !

13aceofspades13 said:

...perhaps :)) I spent a lot of time reading this source. Its very interesting. Have you noticed the Nakajima 201 ?? A very rare photo and a aircraft, similar to the Me 262

BradThunder said:
Quite simply stunning! I'm starting to get a real taste for Japanese WWII aircraft. I love extreme weathering and they don't get more weathered than these guys!

Thanks :) I dug out another Jap Aircraft. Lets see the difference btw the late green and earlier grey camo.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
13aceofspades13 said:

...perhaps :)) I spent a lot of time reading this source. Its very interesting. Have you noticed the Nakajima 201 ?? A very rare photo and a aircraft, similar to the Me 262

yes! i did notice that! thats pretty cool, pretty much licensed copies of the ME-262! thats defenetly a rare photo!

Latest posts

Back