1/32 Revell Mitsubishi A6M5 Rei-Sen

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
I dug out another unfinished kit. Its the Revell A6M5, Item No. 04717

Some parts still sanded. I start to paint the cockpit. Looks like a funny airplane... ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok, a little more been done. Time is very short these days :-/

Nice work Chief. That cockpit looks impressive. I have not seen that kit around for a while. How long ago did you start it?

FW190A-8 said:
Nice work Chief. That cockpit looks impressive. I have not seen that kit around for a while. How long ago did you start it?

Thanks :) I held her in Stash for many years. Im not sure how long exactly.

Nice progress. Interesting assembly they have there, with the cockpit on the wings

Quaralane said:
Nice progress. Interesting assembly they have there, with the cockpit on the wings

I dont like this kind of assembling, because its left cavities on the fuselage they have to be closed with putty. Its an old kit from 1987, so quality couldnt reach modern ones. But that doesent matters. Its funny to build it and watch all the little movies about the A6M... :)

alright the Zero right?

the zero was a good plane, very light wing loading, didn't require a lot of power to perform so well, however at a sacrifice, its airframe was flimsy, and no armor to protect the fuel tanks, pilot, or engine. just a few hits to the fuel tank and this otherwise lethal bird would go BOOM!

cant wait to see the results, i have not seen many people build Zeros! it is also one of the "to build planes" on my list

F6F Hellcat
MKIXe Spitfire
A6M Zero

i almost built it once!

Ok, here comes some updates. I modified the gear and the Engine with some wire and Evergreen-sheet
Hull assembly was difficult, cause the fuselage was warped :-(
In this stage of assemby its easy to find out the flaws of this kit but I have to live with it :)

Here are some more views. I start to deploy the decals. Another challenge. They are old, thick and crumbly.
Not even Mr. Mark softer can help here. I did some markings with the airbrush cause the decals were unsuitable

Here is another update. Paintjob is mostly done. There were many troubles with that decals :mad:
Maybe I shouldnt wait such a long time for building, next time ::)

Ok, another small update. I finished the A6M. I bought an additional Ultracast IJN-Navy Pilot. If it looks a litte headless for you, youre right. No special kind of seppuku, but its easier to paint the head separately

Things going fast, this evening :))

I finished the Pilot and start with the base. The A6M get a small part of the Zuikaku flight deck

Latest posts

Back