1/32 Kinetic Models F-86F-30 Sabre

Jeeves

And #2...would've done some armor except for that pillbox I started...ah well-- better to focus on one genre...
005.jpg
006.jpg

And so it begins...

Nice choice Jeeves! :)

Really looking forward to seeing the Sabre all finished up. It'd be great to hear your thoughts on the Kinetic kit also. I saw one at my LHS and I almost picked it up...

Hey Jeeves. Nice choice. I had a 1:48 Sabre in my hand yesterday but opted for a F-16C. I'm glad you are doing this one!

Thanks guys!

JMac... this one was given to me by a friend last summer when I was down in Virginia. It has the Black Box resin kit for the Hasegawa Sabre included...at the very least, I will be using the very sweet seat...not sure about everything else...it is a bit thick in places-- but hopefully I'll avoid the fit issues Norm had with their Prowler...

I will be watching this one Jeeves. I am a fan of the Sabre and have 3 or 4 of them in the stash. Hope you don't mind me tuning in to watch ya progress.

Thanks Jim!!

Well -got a bit of a start on this one despite also building a Pe-2 and working the B-17 gunner.

First comparison show of the kit seat (at right) and the Black Box resin version....hmm...which to pick? ;)
466bf272.jpg
6201526a.jpg

And the engine is going to be fun to paint...
3158a175.jpg

Lastly, the office area with a mix of kit and BB parts...
da1805da.jpg

Phew!!

The jet engine looks like it'll be stunning. It's a shame they don't include two engines, one for display and the other to be integrated into the model.

True Fruit! You do have the option of displaying it separate on a dolly, but I wasn't sure it that would make it a diorama at that point?

Nice choice!!! Nice upgrade on the seat Mike!!! I will be following!!! ;D

Nice seat, but the head rest looks strange.
I think, it should be at a higer position, but it's only IMHO.
I want to see the paint stage ;)

Thanks T!

Aeroteto...not sure either...I followed the Black Box directions as best as I could but they aren't all that clear...I have the Walkaround book and I believe there is a drawing of the seat in there so I'll compare the two...

Well....while the first of many layers of putty is drying on my Pe-2 seams, I decided to get the interior wrapped up for the most part on the Sabre. The one nearby LHS that sells Metalizers is closed on Mondays so I tried my hand at some cheap craft paints...found a gunmetal grey and gloss metal black that I mixed and think I did a pretty fair estimation of what burnt metal would look like in the middle section...and the brush strokes even lend to the unevenness of the heat markings on a jet engine...but that is just my opinion. Used some Mike Grant placards here and there as well to dress up the engine, which will for the most part be closed up.
002%7E13.jpg
001%7E15.jpg

And the office...the Squadron Walkaround book has some sweet drawings of the side panels and seat to really help with the interior detail. Not quite sure if the green I picked for the belts is quite dark enough...might try a wash to bring it out more...the resin seat, stick, and panel came out pretty nice I hope ;)
005%7E14.jpg
004%7E12.jpg
003%7E14.jpg

Gotta focus more on the Pe-2 right now...but will dabble more on this one as time permits...

coming along nicely!:D are you gonna be using a bare metal finish for this baby?

cheers! ;D

iking

Hey Jeeves, good job on the front office and the F-86s heart and guts. What markings are you planning on this kit?

Thanks iking and JMac...

Yes it will be NMF if I ever get that far ;). I plan on doing the markings for "Mike's Bird"....

Hey Mike!! Sorry for just catching up on this...very cool!!! Love the office detailing!!! This is coming along nicely!!! Keep it going!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back